Casey, IL

TPadden

Tom Padden
Anyone else see the report about Casey, IL this morning on CBS Sunday Morning?
Please don't turn this site into another Facebook :please1::please1::please1:!

Post enough information for anyone to be able to understand what you are talking about without asking stupid questions and allowing those of us who tend to post stupid, sarcastic replies to reply.

Tom

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
TPadden said:
Post enough information for anyone to be able to understand what you are talking about without asking stupid questions
While the old saw 'there are no stupid questions' is woefully inaccurate there are very few stupid questions when there's not enough information for anyone to be able to understand what you are talking about without asking questions.

I'd be happy if part of the entrance fee for this site was the requirement to post year and model of your current ride in the profile box on the left.

TPadden said:
allowing those of us who tend to post stupid, sarcastic replies to reply.
Short of the Quick Trigger Finger of Moderation. here's not much that can be done to prevent that in any circumstance. :)

That said I really dislike FB. It may suit others well but not me.

TPadden

Tom Padden
I'd be happy if part of the entrance fee for this site was the requirement to post year and model of your current ride in the profile box on the left.
ST Gui, 240Robert,

If only everyone would also put their REAL name there ..........:rolleyes:

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
I saw it. It was a good segment... new big roadside objects I will check out next time. The gist was about attracting tourists to an aging small town... no mention of Moonshine, strangely.

Casey and Moonshine are always good topics of conversation here.

I too wish that poSTers would use their real names and always indicate their STeeds, especially on tech help request poSTs.

FWIW YMMV

John

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Casey is on the interstate between the cities of St. Louis and Indianapolis. Given their location, you would think they would have a bright future. It's not like they are in the middle of nowhere.

Bike
R1200rt
There are thousands of towns across the U.S. that have died off for a multitude of reasons. Innovation is what drives economies, stay stagnant and you will fade away.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I saw it. I haven't been to Moonshine in several years. I'm going to try and make it next year and check out all the big things going on in Casey.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Our shortest route between Ft Worth and Colorado is along state hwy 287. It is littered with dead and dying little towns that flourished during the cattle and oil ages.

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
we rode through casey, il. had lunch here on our way to cuba, mo. earlier this year and some local riders told us about the rocker but we didn't have time to go see it

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
I've been there but it was some time ago...
Not much happening in Casey, but a lot of poker runs go through Moonshine.
It's a cool place to stop and have a Moonburger and soda!

Mike

Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
Casey is on the interstate between the cities of St. Louis and Indianapolis. Given their location, you would think they would have a bright future. It's not like they are in the middle of nowhere.
Man! I was _right_ there!

Took the family down from Minnesota to Jefferson City, MO to watch the eclipse (that's were the clear sky patch was heading). Jefferson City turned out to be a great place for the eclipse but I could have easily swung by Casey, IL before heading back home. That would have saved me all the construction delays on highway 35 as well.

Next time...

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

Top Bottom