OP
OP
Fatjock

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
All you need now is a white 3/4 helmet and black jacket, make the cages in front of you think you're an LEO.
I noticed that the big K managed to get a little Kawasaki green on it.

Nice looking cruiser - I'd take one of those over a HD any time.
Thanks, I did look at the street glide, but this was literally half the price. $14,800 out the door ($12,999 list, 7% tax in my county) with warranty extended to 5 years. So I'm really happy with the deal, and the bike.

OP
OP
Fatjock

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
I asked the wrong question. How does a rider use this feature and why would it 'take some getting used to?' What would someone notice if they didn't know about it and took the bike for a ride?

And does it preclude a rider from putting the bike in neutral while moving (not that anyone should)?
What I was told at the Dealers, and have found subsequently to be true is that when the bike is stationary, coming up from first, or down from second, the bike will always find neutral. As soon as the bike is in motion, it's like neutral disappears, and you go between the two gears. When I say " as soon as the bike is in motion", I do mean literally as soon as a wheel is turning.

With my riding style, I like to slow the bike using both the brakes, and the gearbox, and when approaching a stop, put it into neutral so I'm ready if the situation changes as soon as I stop. This system makes it a lot more difficult to do this. It is a fabulous thing when completely stationary, but a pain at really slow speed.
Would love it, if it remained active up to about 5 mph, but as it is, it just makes approaching red lights/stop signs, frustrating.

Having got used to it, I find I can snick down into neutral at very low speed from second, but doesn't always work. So occasionally doing the dance between 1st and 2nd, on the approach to a light.

OP
OP
Fatjock

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
Congrats on the new ride. I got a Victory Vision for many of the reasons you listed and the wife absolutely prefers the ride over the ST1300. With the trunk on it, it has the feel of an armchair for her and she calls it her Rolls Royce. Having the wife eager to join me most anytime I ride makes a big difference in my riding pleasure.

Like you I still have the ST and now that I am used to wrangling the Vision it actually feels like a small sport bike when I take it out. Never saw that coming! ( though I am again looking for that missing 6th gear....)

The Victory does not have a center-stand and I doubt anyone could pull it up onto one even if it did, but I would for sure be scraping it in the corners like I did several times on my old 84 Shadow 750. And speaking of the Shadow, I got a a bike upholsterer to widen (and soften) the seat for the pillion, so that is an option if this becomes an issue.

Ride safe.
I did consider a vision as an option, but the wife wouldn't ride it, so that killed that idea, which I thought was a great pity.
But she absolutely loves the vaquero, and has no problems with it, other than getting it up off the stand in certain parking positions, and she knows now not to park with the stand down-slope.

Top Bottom