Dang if I didn't join the club....

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Sounds like a good topic to bring up around the campfire in October. Or maybe Sunday morning before we all depart. :nanner1:
Wow, haven't even met you yet.....and you fit right in......*****h0le...:bow1:. hope u make it dude!

ToddC

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm sure the trophy for the "most recently hit unattended while parking backwards" will be the largest...
:1st:

DJDixon

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Which is why I just bought a car with a rear view camera and all sorts of gizmos that will first warn you then won't let you keep backing up... :eek:

I guess it's good that they are making the cars smarter now - just in time for me! But I'm sure I'll outsmart it (or out dumb it?) somehow... :(

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Well, well, well.....now I must chime in... So can we all assume that it will be safe haven to park our rides in the hangar come October? Right hand up...come on UP,! Now Todd repeat after me...I, Todd C, being of sound mind...:nuts1: hahaha, ok let's start over. I can't type that , ok I ToddC being of, oh screw it. Please loose the keys to the truck while we are there:please1: Sorry that happened to you, but couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Hope my exhaust is ok and the great thing about this is no one was hurt, besides the pride. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to bring this up but don't these events happen in threes?:eek:

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Well, well, well.....now I must chime in... Sorry to bring this up but don't these events happen in threes?:eek:
Tim..................:crackup

Not !!!!!!!! :well1::think1:. :potstir1::tts1:. I'm putting your bike right behind my already dented truck........:drive1::clap2::wasntme

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Which is why I just bought a car with a rear view camera and all sorts of gizmos that will first warn you then won't let you keep backing up...
Wow I've never heard of such an animal. Very cool! So you have to somehow clear the problem to continue backing? Is there an override for some unusual circumstance or failed part?

A backup camera is very cool. I saw one not to long ago that had the BUC display in the rearview mirror which is fairly common. But very cool.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
A backup camera is very cool. I saw one not to long ago that had the BUC display in the rearview mirror which is fairly common. But very cool.
Ya......they are cool........but even if your truck has one....(like my truck does).....you gotta use the dang thing......:nuts1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ToddC said:
Ya......they are cool........but even if your truck has one....(like my truck does).....you gotta use the dang thing......
Ya know if it were me I probably would've never mentioned that. :rofl1:

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
So you have to somehow clear the problem to continue backing?
No, the BUC is simply a visual aid. My 2016 Tucson has a BUC plus rear cross-traffic sensors that provide audible warning. Neither prevent rearward movement.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
No, the BUC is simply a visual aid
My lovely wife backed into an electric post with the Tahoe, despite the backup camera, rear sensors beeping then continuous beep, and red LEDs prompting to STOP! Her excuse...she was going to fast for the camera and beeps to keep up to stop...ooh my...:eek:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Neither prevent rearward movement.
That's different from what ST1300A stated in his post. Do you have the same or different camera?

My lovely wife backed into an electric post with the Tahoe, despite the backup camera, rear sensors beeping then continuous beep, and red LEDs prompting to STOP
Does it make a recording that you can upload to YT? :grin:

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
That's different from what ST1300A stated in his post. Do you have the same or different camera?
I realize that; I disagree with ST1300A. The OEM BUC in my 2016 Tucson Sport provides only visual aid and audible warning. It does not cause application of brakes, disengage the transmission, etc. It does not prevent rearward movement.

DJDixon

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
STOC #
I realize that; I disagree with ST1300A. The OEM BUC in my 2016 Tucson Sport provides only visual aid and audible warning. It does not cause application of brakes, disengage the transmission, etc. It does not prevent rearward movement.
On my 2017 Subaru Impreza Limited, Reverse Automatic Braking will first sound an alarm and then activate automatic deceleration. If you try to keep backing up, automatic hard braking will be applied and a continuous beep will sound.

With that said, if you are backing up "at speed", not much can help you!! :eek:

Sorry for the thread hijack, didn't mean to cause a fuss... :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom