BMW K1600 Bagger

TPadden

Tom Padden
I stopped by my dealer today and the first K1600 to ever appeal to me was on the floor. I suspect it will give the F6B a run for it's money and the Venture won't be anywhere near it's class.

The BMW Bagger arrives standard with three riding modes (Rain, Road, and Dynamic), Dynamic Traction Control, cornering-optimized integral ABS Pro, heated seats and hand grips, power adjustable windshield, cruise control, multifunction display with on-board computer, and Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment (D-ESA) with “Road” and “Cruise” damping modes. No cruiser that I've ever seen even comes close to the "standard" model. The one I saw on the floor (stunning in black) had everything I'd want other than a GPS, including floorboards which I'm not sure I'd want, and a sticker of $18,995. It really looked great and felt right sitting on it; I turned down the test ride offer........ Did I mention 160 horsepower at 7759 rpm and 129 ft/lbs of torque at 5250 rpm?

C51BBF0B-6196-47DE-9EE2-965267D0B189.jpg

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/03/20/2018-bmw-k-1600-b-bagger-price-announced-usa/

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
You turned down a test ride? What your tempature? Guessing not normal :). Or you had left your check book at home

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So the floorboards are not forward controls but hwy bars basically? That's cool... reminds me of what Honda should have done to the Valkyrie.

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
You turned down a test ride? What your tempature? Guessing not normal :). Or you had left your check book at home
My experience is if I test it and like it, I buy it ........ so as I told the salesman I only test ride if I'm in the market and I wasn't.

It sure was tempting though.

Tom

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I guess I'm just not into Baggers (CrossDressers) no matter what brand!

Baggers are nothing but a crossover of a Cruiser and a Full Dresser (what the old Harleys with fairings and saddlebags are/were called) So you get CrossDressers!

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Baggers are nothing but a crossover of a Cruiser and a Full Dresser (what the old Harleys with fairings and saddlebags are/were called) So you get CrossDressers!
Sport Tourer's are nothing but a crossover of a Sports bike and a Touring bike, Adventure bikes are nothing but a crossover of a dirt bike and a standard bike, Trikes are nothing but a crossover of a bike and a cage .... Not sure what your point is but I'm sure you have one :confused:..... How many cross dressers have you ridden?????

Last edited:

cybervet

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GL1800BD
It sure is purdy. I hope I don't get offered a test ride. I'm afraid I'm like you there, Tom. My resistance will drop faster than ... well, fill in comparison of your choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If comparing this and an F6B (which is on my short list), isn't that price quite comparable? Or even better, if considering standard equipment.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sport Tourer's are nothing but a crossover of a Sports bike and a Tourer, Adventure bikes are nothing but a crossover of a dirt bike and a standard bike, Trikes are nothing but a crossover of a bike and a cage .... Not sure what your point is but I'm sure you have one :confused:..... How many cross dressers have you ridden?????
Sorry you didn't get my point...must have gone over your head! :rolleyes:

I was creating sport touring bikes out of my bikes before they became classified as Sport Touring, they just finally labeled what I had been riding for years! And I'm talking about the first real Sport Touring BMW bike of '75 or '76 (can't remember, it was too long ago...)

Why ride what I don't care for? But that includes most: Crotch Rockets, Cruisers, V-Twins, etc....

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Sorry you didn't get my point...must have gone over your head! :rolleyes:....Why ride what I don't care for? But that includes most: Crotch Rockets, Cruisers, V-Twins, etc....
What, your mother didn't ever tell you to "try it, you might like it?" or: "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything"?
At least we can agree: we both post our opinions :soapbox, even when we really have nothing to offer to the discussion :potstir1:.

Tom

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
It sure is purdy. I hope I don't get offered a test ride. I'm afraid I'm like you there, Tom. My resistance will drop faster than ... well, fill in comparison of your choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If comparing this and an F6B (which is on my short list), isn't that price quite comparable? Or even better, if considering standard equipment.
Probably very competitive pricing, but deeper Honda discounts on leftovers :). The price really surprised me when comparing to other K1600 models.

Tom

Last edited:

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
What, your mother didn't ever tell you to "try it, you might like it?" or: "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything"?
At least we can agree: we both post our opinions :soapbox, even when we really have nothing to offer to the discussion :potstir1:.

Tom
I have tried many/most, sorry don't care for them... to each our own! :D

OP
OP
TPadden

TPadden

Tom Padden
Why ride what I don't care for? But that includes most: Crotch Rockets, Cruisers, V-Twins, etc.... I have tried many/most, sorry don't care for them... :D
Yep; but I still smell a great discrepancy (combined your quotes :D). :think1::hun1:

I don't think I've ever thrown my leg over any bike that I couldn't find something to like about it, particularly the modern ones.

Tom

Last edited:

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yep; but I still smell a great discrepancy (combined your quotes :D). :think1::hun1:

I don't think I've ever thrown my leg over any bike that I couldn't find something to like about it, particularly the modern ones.

Tom
In my 46 years of riding, I've thrown my legs over the bikes I wanted to, but pretty much stuck with what I like.

My wife even accuses me of being too set in what I like and refusing to take on things that don't appeal to me.

I like what I like and there's no reason to own something I don't care for, much less put a bunch of miles on something!

Why do you think I had/have :dr13::bl13::bl13::bk13::bk13:

I like the ST1300s and there is absolutely no reason I can figure out to own anything else, at least until I get too old to be able to physically handle them! Then, maybe I'll make one a trike. :D

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
My local dealer got in two last week. One was already sold. The other I got to sit on was damaged in the crate during shipping. So I did not get to ride it. But it sure felt good!
My opinion was that it felt as good as the F6B that I test rode and loved. The BMW has everything on it that the If the F6B had on it would have already been in my garage.
That bike is on a very short list to replace my ST. I just want to hit 100K first.
My local dealer 5 miles away has a bunch of new 16 and 17 BMW models as much as close to $6,000 off. I thought it best to get out of there quick!

Top Bottom