Need help pricing 06 St1300 ABS

slo~ride

Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Ok guys. It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm out of the loop. I'm selling my 06 ST1300 ABS. I will post on the classifieds but need your help on setting a "Fair Price". I hate to get rid of her but I bought a new bike and live full time in an RV so I don't have room for 4 bikes. There is Nothing wrong with This bike. It is a great daily ride or ready for the long road. Here are the details:
06 Honda ST1300 ABS. ( Black ) 111,000 miles. Minor scuffs and rock chips consistent with mileage. ( still looks good) at 96,000 miles bike had fuel delivery issue and I told tech that I thought it was the fuel pump. Obviously the techs knew everything and replaced the ECM, fuel injection shutoff module, o2 sensors, bank angle sensors, had Honda rep come out and do a complete tear down of engine and dyno tune. 122hp at rear wheel. Oh yea they finally found it had a bad fuel pump. Luckily it was all done under warranty. Bike has the Hondaline top box. PIAA driving lights, New tires, new bar ends and full service just done including all oils and valve lash check. Bike has had a recent Race Tech front suspension rebuild. Stock seat has been modified with a recessed gel pad and narrowed ( 700 mile comfortable seat for me) bike also comes with brand new stock seat never used.
Any help in establishing a fair price would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Best bet is to look at Craigslist, ebay and online bike sales. Get an idea what similar years are going for. If the bike is in Talkeetna, Alaska its value will be slightly different than if it is in LA, Ca. Factor all that in and decide if you want to sell it quickly or if waiting a while is ok. Obviously, a bargain price will sell faster.

st1300doug

Good luck. Had my 2006 in the Spring for sale @ $4000. Not one bite. It is immaculate too. Mileage was 68K. Mmmm...again.....hoping you can make a sale.

Byron

STOC #
I want to know what warranty you had that would cover all that work at 96K miles and what it cost?

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I think that you will have a difficult time selling it for more than $2500 US.
I have bought two ST1300A models in the past nine months and have followed the market closely.

My reasons are are based on the following:

1. The ST1300 market has slowed down immensely this year.
2. They are just not selling like they used too.
3. Many are overpriced and getting no action.
4. High mileage will scare away first time ST1300 buyers.
5. Everyone here knows that high mileage doesn't count much. But, new buyers will shy away...
6. I am selling a 2003 with 60k miles and buyers are telling me that that is too high for them...
7. The summer is ending and winter is on the horizon
8. It is a buyers market right now and will be until next spring
9. Farkles don't add to selling price

If you can live with a lower price, better to sell it now than to wait it out at a higher price...

Bike
2006 ST1300
I agree with the former posters...it seems as if a lot of ST's are way overpriced, and as a result, take a LONG time to sell, or don't sell at all. A good rule of thumb is, if it doesn't sell in a month, it's likely priced too high. I have seen a few well-priced ST's ( and other bikes) sell in a day at a fair price.

I would agree with the 2500-3500$ range.

Best of luck with it!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Considering all the parts they replaced before the faulty fuel pump was replaced, if you have any of the things that they replaced with new stuff, the ECM they replaced may be a bit of a bargaining chip. If one of those is replaced with a new one from Honda, they are somewhere in the $7-800 range. That might be something to add to the value of the bike if it's thrown in the sale.

Bike
VStrom 650
I have found when selling anything, or indeed buying, it isn't what you think it's worth, it's what someone is willing to pay.
Very often these can be miles apart.
If you want rid, get rid, if you want it to sit in your garage (?) Price it too high and then have the ongoing costs involved.
Good luck selling. I can honestly say in the UK this simply wouldn't sell due to mileage alone. You'd have to pay someone to take it away.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
slo~ride

slo~ride

Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
I want to know what warranty you had that would cover all that work at 96K miles and what it cost?
I bought the bike with Honda's 7 year unlimited mileage. I believe the cost was $900. Unfortunately they don't offer that warranty anymore that I know of. It saved me a ton of money.

OP
OP
slo~ride

slo~ride

Bike
18 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Considering all the parts they replaced before the faulty fuel pump was replaced, if you have any of the things that they replaced with new stuff, the ECM they replaced may be a bit of a bargaining chip. If one of those is replaced with a new one from Honda, they are somewhere in the $7-800 range. That might be something to add to the value of the bike if it's thrown in the sale.
Since all parts were replaced under warranty, they kept all the parts.

Byron

STOC #
I bought the bike with Honda's 7 year unlimited mileage. I believe the cost was $900. Unfortunately they don't offer that warranty anymore that I know of. It saved me a ton of money.
I've never heard of one like that on a motorcycle. I'd say it more than paid fr itself.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had the extended warranty on my '05, One month into it (the extended warranty coverage) the alternator went out. A few years later and still under the extended warranty, the windshield mechanism went out. All covered! :D Sometimes it does pay! :D

As for selling. I think any motorcycle with over about 40K miles is going to be a tough sell. When you get above that, people shy away from them, unless they are being sold at a really low price! That's why I'm not selling any of mine, I would rather ride them into the ground, then give them away! :eek:4:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Jay51 said:
If you can live with a lower price, better to sell it now than to wait it out at a higher price...
A great post. Unfortunately no matter how great the condition of the bike the ST is old by most everybody's standards. And while venerable it's still old. Nobody wants to pay money for old not even other ST'ers.

It's especially galling given the high MSRP and general dealer sales price of the ST. They still list the 2012 and 2010 on their site! And the MSRPs are $18K/$16K respectively. Some dealers the absurdity of the MSRP pricing. I don't know if Honda does behind the scene.

Not this is good new to you trying to sell, but this is fantastic news to me.... I've got a young '06 with only 85,000 miles on it and in a few years I'll probable get to 200k+ so instead of thinking about maintenance costs as I wear it out, I'll just pick up a cheap 75-100,000 mile bike...

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Start following them on Ebay. I used to be able do a search of completed auctions. hat wold give you a good idea of how prices are trending. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do that with their new interface.

I'm selling a generator on ebay right now. With the storms, you would think it would be a good time. I only have 1 watcher out of 190 views. I may have to offer shipping.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Was at the Honda Dealer over weekend getting some parts for my 06 ST1300. Talked to manager about consigning my 03 ST that has been up for sale for two months with little action. They said that it has a retail value of $4700 and a trade in of $3200. I currently have it listed at $4195. To consign it, they want $500 from sale. So, if I want $4000, they will try to sell it for $4500. I really want it sold. I started at $4450. So, I am going to see try $3995 this weekend. But will take $3800 to make it go away. Will let you know...

Top Bottom