ST1100 Police light mounts

Bike
ST1100W (1998)
I've been through the forums and it seems that the majority of ST11 owners prefer to utilise under mirror mounts when installing additional lighting (spot/driving lights).

When I think about how I want to set up additional lights on my ST, I see them being installed ABOVE the mirrors. This location is more aesthetically pleasing to me than below the mirrors.

Here's the question: Does anyone here have a set of these mounts they want to sell? Part numbers are 88800-MZ9-900 and 88900-MZ9-900 for reference. I've found ONE online seller claiming to have one of each in brand new condition. Trouble is, i'm not keen on the £150 price tag including a seemingly extortionate international shipping cost. Not to mention customs charges when they reach the UK.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a cheaper option or supplier?

OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
Thanks, static. That was the only place I could find them too. Shipping was showing around the same price as a pair of those mounts, which is ridiculous to me. Partzilla also appears to have gained a lot of negative reviews in the sense that people have ordered parts, then been told those parts are either out of stock or no longer available, and don't see their money again. I don't have any personal experience with them, but it sounds like a risky purchase. Especially considering the parts i'm after are like hen's teeth to get hold of. :confused:

EDIT:
Oddly enough, using the link you sent me allowed me to calculate a MUCH cheaper shipping option. The total cost was around HALF of what i'd originally been quoted, so i've taken the risk and placed an order. I guess we'll see what happens. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for your input :)

Last edited:

static

Triple Darkside
Site Supporter
STOC #
Hmmm..the David Silver Spares site says that the part is discontinued. I have only had 1 instance of Partzilla being unable to deliver, and they refunded my money immediately.

OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
I ordered a set for my ST 1100 too
Good stuff. Partzilla's ebay shop only showed one set in stock, which has now disappeared. I guess we'll see which one of us is lucky! :lol:

I've had good luck with Partzilla several times.

My old ST1100P:

ST1100p.jpg
Good to hear some positive feedback about them. I was just dubious as they appear to stock a LOT of discontinued parts that don't seem to be immediately available anywhere else. Love those LED lights by the way! :D

Hmmm..the David Silver Spares site says that the part is discontinued. I have only had 1 instance of Partzilla being unable to deliver, and they refunded my money immediately.
Awesome! Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Otherwise i'm back to square one :(

STOC #
Last edited:
OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
I need to check out ebay and other places to find some decent lights. Ideally I want spotlights with either DRLs or sidelights/parking lights.

That's a nice-looking 1300. Clean too! I was looking at 13's before I bought my 11 a few months back. The 13's were jusssst outside my budget though :p:

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
ups delivered a box from partszilla Saturday, it had the light brackets and bolts for mounting in it, I'm getting stoked t thought of getting the ST 1100 back on the road

OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
ups delivered a box from partszilla Saturday, it had the light brackets and bolts for mounting in it, I'm getting stoked t thought of getting the ST 1100 back on the road
Thats cool. And they came WITH the bolts too! I had the part numbers for those marked down in case. Guess I won't need them!

Bike
2000 ST1100
Partzilla has always been good to me. If parts are not available it usually shows on the parts diagram. Their customer service is great too, in my experience. Last order i had was screwed up on delivery (UPS) and, although not Partzilla's fault at all, they refunded all of my shipping. For oem parts, i've always thought their prices fair. Just my opinion. Chunk.

OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
Partzilla has always been good to me. If parts are not available it usually shows on the parts diagram. Their customer service is great too, in my experience. Last order i had was screwed up on delivery (UPS) and, although not Partzilla's fault at all, they refunded all of my shipping. For oem parts, i've always thought their prices fair. Just my opinion. Chunk.
Good to know. This is the first time i've ordered from Partzilla. I was skeptical due to the fact that these parts are long discontinued and seem virtually impossible to get hold of, yet Partzilla shows a healthy stock of them. Just seems a little strange. :confused:

no the brackets didn't come with the bolts included so make sure you order them
Oh ok, no problem. Your previous comment says they came with the bolts lol, but it's fine. I still have the part numbers for those. :)

OP
OP
HampshireBiker
Bike
ST1100W (1998)
Well my police mounts finally arrived this morning! Only taken three weeks, along with being transferred between three different US states, Canada and back to the US before arriving in London! At least they're here now :D

Top Bottom