Stupid Bees!!!

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Years ago while yelling something to a friend riding next to me a bee went right into my my mouth and stung me on the roof of my mouth. That shut me up but quick.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Dale, the timing of your post is eerie! The very next day I got stung on the hand by a wasp. I can't even ride now until the swelling goes down (yes, I am allergic to them).

This was last night:IMG_2025.jpg

Both hands for comparison:IMG_2028.jpg

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I had a yellow jacket get crammed between my tank ( on a Honda XL250 ) & my thigh , stinging away. Another time same bike , 2 of them crammed into my helmet stinging my earlobe.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Every time I am on a road trip, regardless of how high I put the windscreen there is always at least one bee/wasp/grasshopper that leaves a smear on my visor. I never ride at highway speeds without the visor down.

That said, I have had a wasp hit my chest and then fly up into my full face helmet from underneath, which required a calm detour to the side of the highway to open the visor and allow him to depart, while watching him crawl around the inside of the rim....Not a lot of fun for those few moments it took to pull over safely(?). So you can still have close encounters regardless of how careful you are.

And as a roofing/siding contractor I have had my share of wasp stings already. I don't need any more, thank you very much.

Glad you all survived.

Top Bottom