Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Larry's Problem.....

Bike
    '04 BLUE ST13
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Motorcycle Larry's Problem.....

Hi Guys.
    I generally do NOT like to post anything negative about anything or anyone, and I will say that I hope there is nothing going on with this company. Let me explain.....
    Purchased a set of the adjustable footpeg lowering brackets for my ST. Great build quality, ease of install, etc. Didn't really care for the angle that it kind of splays your legs out, but the extra legroom was great. Took it for a ride and VERY quickly discovered that you have very limited lean angles, so much so that it could pose a serious safety concern. My shoes would scuff upon touchdown on what I would consider a mild sweep. No big deal, but the hard parts of the bracket would not be forgiving if THEY scraped. Ever had a bicycle kickstand fall down on you when you were a kid and have the bike pogo? Not so bad on a 25lb bicycle, but not with 700lbs. So.......I contacted them and managed to get a hold of Diane {who was very helpful} and she told me to send them back. She even AGREED that there were a number of clients that had the same experience on this bike with those brackets. I didn't even want my money back, and told her I could use other stuff. Then the fun begins......send them back, call her / e-mail her about 10 times..... she acknowledges receipt then tells me "all I have to do is check them in and I'll get back to you". That was almost 4 weeks ago. E-mails, phone calls {no answering machine} and even tried faxing, maybe 20 times......always busy {fax}, dead phone {ring-ring-ring-answer, no machine or voice mail}or no returned e-mail. I simply cannot get a hold of anyone there!
    To not get a return phone call and at least an acknowledgement cost her a customer. Called my C/C company today to arrange a charge back. I'm stating this to all of my fellow ST riders so they don't get caught up in whatever mess they are in.
    Not happy right now...
    Bob
    Last edited by Bobb; 08-30-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Bike
    2001 ST1100 ABSII
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: Motorcycle Larry's Problem.....

Hope you get things worked out. You're not the only one having problems with them. See this thread...

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...endor-belly-up

Too much white... I'm working on it!

STOC #8735
    IBA #68258

Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Larry passed away. When there is no longer a Pop in Mom and Pop shops, things can lose some continuity.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    '04 BLUE ST13
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

I'm generally ok with some "inconsistencies". Shoot we're all human. Where I draw the line though is lack of communication. Just let me KNOW it will take 2 weeks, or 3 weeks, or whatever.....and if you can't make that time frame, just call and tell me. Someone there is getting the e-mails. They are CHOOSING not to respond.

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb
    Where I draw the line though is lack of communication. Just let me KNOW it will take 2 weeks, or 3 weeks, or whatever.....and if you can't make that time frame, just call and tell me. Someone there is getting the e-mails. They are CHOOSING not to respond.
    This seems to be their biggest and maybe only (?) problem. I don't know what's going on but most everybody seems to be the patient type if only they knew what to expect.

Whether it's a shortage of supply or some other issue email is a pretty simple and efficient tool. Jot down a note and send it off. We're happy. Or at least we're not apprehensive and/or angry.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

Bike
    07 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

I put his lowing kit on for my girl(passenger). She is more comfy with them. I find her feet now in my way at inopportune times, but it's generally OK.
    I can not imagine that the drivers lowering kit would be at all safe. I would never market such a thing for fear of lawsuits from the survivors!

Bike
    00 ST1100/94 ST1100A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JimGregory View Post
    I put his lowing kit on for my girl(passenger). She is more comfy with them. I find her feet now in my way at inopportune times, but it's generally OK.
    I can not imagine that the drivers lowering kit would be at all safe. I would never market such a thing for fear of lawsuits from the survivors!
    Wait...will this kit work on the passenger pegs? If so, I have to see if I can source a pair for the Mrs. I have a non MCL lowering kit on my ST's and I can get the 1100s pretty low in the turns without any issues (I think I got mine from CaSporttouring.com when they were still selling parts.
    Last edited by Erdoc48; 08-31-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Bob 2000 ST1100

Bike
    2005 St1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JimGregory View Post
    I can not imagine that the drivers lowering kit would be at all safe.
    The non-adjustable one will fold, the adjustable ones, not so safe.
    1 drop in reverse, so is that a minus 1? 205/50-17 Goodyear TripleTred, 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT-45 (rear)
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

9. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    '09 ST1300 ABS
    My Gallery

I believe that this company is being run by Larry's widow and daughters. I feel sure that they are just trying to sell off what was left of the company and that they are NOT truly in production of anything. I may be wrong.....but....

This past month, I ordered one of Larry's fuse box holders for the tail box. I called to get more info....several times, without success. One day..bingo, they answered the phone. I had questions about things they listed as "sold out"....like the Tail Brights. The answers were vague. I followed up with an email. No reply I did receive the fuse box holder in less than a week.

Also....their web site is a disaster of slow......

Forest

Puritanism - The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy. ----H.L. Mencken
    2005 ST1300 RIP at 59,000 +-
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    http://forestaten.smugmug.com/Motorcycles

Bike
    07 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Erdoc48 View Post
    Wait...will this kit work on the passenger pegs? If so, I have to see if I can source a pair for the Mrs. I have a non MCL lowering kit on my ST's and I can get the 1100s pretty low in the turns without any issues (I think I got mine from CaSporttouring.com when they were still selling parts.
    I think they are specific to the passenger pegs. I found them in the classifieds here.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast