Ride-on finally worked

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've used Ride-On for a number of years. I like it's tire-balancing properties and maybe it has helped plug up some holes I didn't know about, but when I had actual penetrations, they always seemed to be off to the side, in an area I wasn't sure would be covered. Or else the holes never seemed to plug properly. The other day, I happened to glance at my rear tire after a ride and saw a nail. Removing it let out the usual rush of air. I began thinking "the Ride-On doesn't seem to be doing anything" and was getting ready to plug it. However, I went to check on just how one is supposed to use the product. I went back to the bike and inflated the tire with my compressor (I was home) and it still leaked, but not as much. They suggest you ride it with the leaking puncture. That always seems the difficult part because, depending on the size of the hole, you could be seriously deflated before you could get on the bike and ride it. However, I did it and my TPMS gauge was beeping from the sudden loss of pressure, but then the loss stopped at a certain level and stayed put. Inflated back to normal PSI and it has held since, with about 90 miles on it since. They claim it will hold for the life of the tire. This one's near the end, so it probably will. I think if you remove a nail and let it sit for a while, it will plug up a bit and not leak so much when you re-inflate it to ride it to seal it up for good. Now I feel better about the stuff.

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
docw1

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Since the tire is near replacement, I'll see how well it holds. I've had instances where I've plugged a hole in the center of the tread, and I still had a slow leak in spite of the Ride-On. I think you need a certain size hole for the stuff to get into before it will do its job.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I have been thinking about using it on my next tire change. Right now I have Dyna-beads in them.

Glad to hear it's helped, if I get it ordered and on the shelf before needed I'll give it a try.

Bike
2002 ST1100
Nice to hear a real life example. I have just started using Ride-on, and have not had a puncture since.
I did have a puncture a few hundred miles after I purchased this bike, in the parking lot at work.
I looked out my office window and noticed the tire was low, and I was able to ride it over to the maintenance bay and air it up.
The maintenance guy loaned me their plugger tool and a worm as I had not yet put together a tool kit.
After plugging the tire, I added ride-on within the week.

Top Bottom