Venhill 3-hose front braided hoses

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Hi all, I bought a set of Venhill lines for the front, these follow generally the same layout as the stock lines, one line down to a T-splitter at the back of the left leg, then a short line to the left caliper, and a longer line over the guard to the right. I really happy with how these feel after bleeding but I'm not convinced I have the bracket supporting the splitter in the correct position. There were no model-specific instructions included so I took a stab at the layout.

Does anyone have a photo of a Venhill 3-line set that they can share, especially the T position?

Here's what I have:

IMG_3675.JPG

OP
OP
TerryS
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Just in case anyone is in the same position in future, here's what I did (and it is obvious in hindsight).

I used the small angle bracket supplied in the kit, and bolted that to the fork on the fender mount bolt in place of the stock bracket. Then I twisted the bracket with a crescent so that the hose could be installed but I could still get to the fender mount bolt for future disassembly. The bottom leg of the T-piece that connects to the left caliper then fits through from the top of the bracket, with the hose fitted from the bottom. I used the o-rings supplied in the kit above and below the bracket. So just what you see in the picture above, minus the stock bracket.

I took my first ride with the braided hoses in place yesterday and could not believe the difference. Obviously the 30-year old hoses were pretty flexible, but now all of the hand force is transferred directly to the pads. With my VFR800 master and EBC HH pads, the ST1100 now has some serious stopping power and I could not be happier.

Top Bottom