Speedo suddenly stopped working

Bike
ST1300
Riding around today with no issues,then I looked down & my speedometer had stopped working,so I pull over only to find my cable hanging just above the front mudguard! On further inspection it appears it has cust come unthreaded from the rear of the speedo. Being a new ST owner,how difficult is the speedo to remove so I can refit the cable,assuming the speedo does need to be removed?
looking up I see where it's supposed to go,but it's looking impossible to do without removing the entire speedo.
thanks in anticipation

Bike
VStrom 650
I'm sure you'll do it without removing the plastics, but I'm equally sure you may swear at it.
Just turned my front wheel to the right and I can reach the connector ok.
On my 98 it's routed through the side plastic by the horn.
You may have to find someone with long arms and a torch attendant, but I think you'll do it from the bottom with plastics intact.
Good luck.
Upt'North.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Failing the under and up method above, if you remove the windshield and the black garnish piece and the grey upper dash piece, you can access the speedo head from there to reattach the cable.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I think the end going to the speedometer is square. Be sure it is seated before tightening the outer sleeve nut. You may need to remove the other end at the front wheel. Note it is split.

Top Bottom