Drink a pop while riding?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Have the pillion hold it and snake a very long straw over your shoulder and into your helmet?

Mount a cup holder on the side of your helmet and snake a straw into your helmet?

Get one of those doohickeys that hold water bottles inverted for hamster and gerbil cages. Mount it to your helmet...

Bike
2010 ST1300
Some years ago I saw a guy at a street festival wearing a baseball cap with two holders for beer cans - one on each side. Presumably this is to keep the guy balanced as he works his way through a six pack.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
For me soft drinks = soda which is carbonated. I don't thing it would travel well in a CamelBak or Contigo. There's a Contigo with a straw that would work fine with a modular helmet.

I only use water in my CamelBaks. In warm weather I've filled it with ice and some water. Stays cool for a very long time.

I think a RAM mount or something with a gimbal mount would be ok along with some kind of straw. Maybe one of the metal Thermos type insulated holders with strong magnets (and soft cloth) epoxied to the bottom and resting on the tank? Add straw/drink/repeat.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
While I don't recommend this you could do as a Wing rider I witnessed . Early one morning on the NY turnpike with no traffic I was riding north- 85 mph indicated - when I saw another bike fast approaching in my left mirror. While he was still behind me I could hear his radio and then he was by me in a flash - cruise control on- no hands on the bars - short pants and sandals - open face helmet with travel mug in hand casually enjoying what I assumed to be his morning coffee. All at what must have been 100 mph or more. I hope he is still on this earth but I have my doubts.

Top Bottom