Slipscreen windshield?

OP
OP
pmatulew
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Did some cardboard and duct tape experimenting with a stock window and I liked the results of adding a flip to the top. So, yes, would be very interested in any feedback on Slipscreens. Even if it's just a general thumbs up, thumbs down of the manufacturing quality of the product.20170819_152253.jpg20170819_152303.jpg

Last edited:
So the Slipscreen arrived today. It is a 19" Clear screen. It was very well packed and was very easy to install. the pre drilled holes were perfectly aligned. As soon as it was on I took her out for a spin. wow, what a difference. with the old 16" screen there was a lot of wind noise even at relatively low speeds. With the new larger screen there is still some noise but it is greatly reduced. I'm very happy with it. No perceived difference in buffeting even though it has no 'eyelets' in it. I much prefer the new clear screen to the old tinted one. I know its only been one trip, was out for about an hour and a half on twists and the motorway and it was stable all the way up to around 95mph when I started to slow down again, but I have to say i'm impressed with it.IMG_0933.jpg

Bike
ST1300
Used slipscreens a few times, they're great at making you any screen to your specification, never had an issue, they made me my little shortie screen to my specification and it is perfect.

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
I have the extra tall and wide version.
I have modified the brackets as shown elsewhere in this forum.
Slipscreen with modified brackets feels like a 50% improvement to the OEM screen without brackets.
Brackets stands for 25% of the improvement...

Buffeting on my arms gone. It was never a problem, but as with my mother-in-law, it feels good when it's not there.

Screen is reasonable priced, and shipping is fast.

Stu

OP
OP
pmatulew
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Bought the ST1300X Touring screen over the winter. https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/honda-stx1300-st-1300x-touring-screen/

Compared to the OEM, the bottom is the same, the sides are a little wider and the top is about 2" taller with the flip.

The distortion through the curve is a little disorienting at first, but after a few days you stop looking through the bend.

Immediate improvement in noise. I'm digging it. Still put the ear plugs in for any significant rides, but now they are optional for the 10 minute commute. Slight buffeting over the top but I'll take the trade-off.

With the extra height I run it all the way down and never touch the power button. Would almost like it better if it was original height with the flip. Then I would have the option to move it around to fine tune.

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Have you tried with brackets?
Made a huge difference on my shield.
I move the screen a bit up in cold or wet weather (or on long haul rides, just to keep the noise level down.)
Slipscreen is highly recommended. I’m 6 foot /184cm. 31 “ inseam. Very little brain :rolleyes:
Stu

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Still put the ear plugs in for any significant rides, but now they are optional for the 10 minute commute.
If you want to be able to grow old and not have to wear hearing aids... even ten minutes is too long to be without. Just make 'em part of the standard start-up procedure.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Bought the ST1300X Touring screen over the winter. https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/honda-stx1300-st-1300x-touring-screen/

Compared to the OEM, the bottom is the same, the sides are a little wider and the top is about 2" taller with the flip.

The distortion through the curve is a little disorienting at first, but after a few days you stop looking through the bend.

Immediate improvement in noise. I'm digging it. Still put the ear plugs in for any significant rides, but now they are optional for the 10 minute commute. Slight buffeting over the top but I'll take the trade-off.

With the extra height I run it all the way down and never touch the power button. Would almost like it better if it was original height with the flip. Then I would have the option to move it around to fine tune.
Did you get a tinted or clear shield?
If tinted, is it "too much" for riding at night?

OP
OP
pmatulew
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I never look "through", always "over" so the tint wouldn't make a difference to me. I live out in the sticks and my bike is always dirty from the gravel road so looking through isn't really an option. On the flip side the taller screen is a little harder to look over when you're picking through the rocks and obstacles at low speed and you need to be able to look low in front of the bike.

Top Bottom