OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Well bought David - hope all the weight/ wrangling anxiety is behind you now - best of luck to you and yours and may you have many safe and trouble free enjoyable miles on it ! Richard
Thanks Richard ,
I'm definitely aware of STella's :) weight at low speed.
That said, we are completely thrilled that we made the decision and found such a well cared for example.
As soon as I stepped into the previous owners garage I knew the bike was sold.
One of my major criteria was comfort for my partner.
As we came home last night from our end of day ride my partner said "I love this bike!"
Hard to beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Are you going to SToctoberfest?
(I'm toying with the idea)

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?158864-STOC-toberfest

RSVP is on page one. I am heading out, lent my other bike to a buddy here and meeting another in the Okanagan. Will be at Todd and Kari's friday afternoon with 3 bikes from here, and I hope 2 from the Edmonton area. If anyone in the YLW area wants to join the ride south, let me know.
I'm not sure I can make it work. Though the attraction of a good, long shakedown ride is appealing!

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
DavidR8, you've got yourself a heck of a good deal. I was eyeing that bike myself. May be we can do a ride together one day.
For the clutch control and front brake control, I highly recommend a set of Pazzo control. They are made in Abottsford, BC, around $200 Cdn. I had trouble slipping the clutch till I got them. Don't get the knock offs. They don't feel the same.
Congratulations on your new bike.
Kenny.

Attachments

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Thanks Kenny,
If you've been watching the board you've seen my hesitations and concerns.
When we finally made the decision it all fell into place. The bike was a total steal!
Thanks for the tip on the levers. I was thinking there was something wrong with the clutch till I saw a few posts identifying the same thing.
I had no idea Pazzo lever were made in BC!

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Yes sir, Pazzo is in Langley BC, not Abottsford as I first indicated. http://www.pazzoracing.com/index.html.
ST1300 is a fantastic bike, fast clutch and quick throttle, balanced weight distribution. You guys will enjoy it.
Kenny
Are those the short or long levers in your photo?

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
I went with long or regular. I thought they look more mature on the bike. The short ones will work too. Some goes with long on clutch and short on brakes.
Kenny

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
:th1:
I didn't see an application for the 1100? Is it something that I can order via telephone? They have universal applications, but they must have done some 1100's in past.

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
Dale I, you may have to contact Pazzo directly to find out about ST1100. I see Honda uses a different part number for ST1100 and ST1300 levers.
Drtyrrel, mine are Honda heated grips. They got very hard over the years. I used grip puppy, then I used grip Buddy for a few years. Then it dawned on me that I could put a regular Honda rubber grip over my heated grip, which was exactly what I did. It worked out really well and the grip is larger, so less effort in turning the throttle. If you are interested in doing the same on your bike, let me know, I'll tell you all the hic-ups I ran into.
Kenny

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Thanks Kenny. I was just wondering because I want to add heated grips to mine and I'm too cheap to buy the ones from Honda.

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800
Thanks Kenny. I was just wondering because I want to add heated grips to mine and I'm too cheap to buy the ones from Honda.
It takes quite a bit of work to add the Honda heated grip to the ST. The dealer did it for me when I bought the bike. One thing I know is that the Honda heated grip will cut out automatically if the alternator is not keeping up. They will come back on when the amperage is back up. This is to prevent depleting the battery. The grips will turn off when you turn off the bike. Not sure how the after market heated grip will work, but those were important features for me. Heated grips are sure nice when riding in the shoulder seasons.

Top Bottom