New owners!

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Congrats!! That was a good deal. Red is the fastest!!!

ToddC

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Just back from a leisurely ride. Not far but long enough to know that we made a great choice. My lady is super comfortable though the pillion peg extenders have to go.

Such an agile bike on the fabulous roads we have on Vancouver Island.
Going to take a bit to get used to the clutch as it seems to engage at the end of the lever travel.

And I managed to maneuver around on our gravel driveway without a problem!

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Well bought David - hope all the weight/ wrangling anxiety is behind you now - best of luck to you and yours and may you have many safe and trouble free enjoyable miles on it ! Richard

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Join us in five weeks for STOC-TOBERFEST......!!! Good first long ride..??

ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Where is STOC-toberfest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In NE Washington.....check the events on the left side of the forum home page. First weekend of October. Lots of old guys hanging out. Wive's too...

ToddC

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Going to take a bit to get used to the clutch as it seems to engage at the end of the lever travel.
Beauty eh? Well done.

About the clutch travel/engagement— every hydraulic-clutched Honda I've had did the same thing. If you don't adapt and overcome you can always improvise. For the ST I got adjustable clutch/brake levers and that works well enough. Works even better if you have fairly stock grips. There are VFR levers and GoldWing (with slight modding) that will work.

I'll add that I left the brake lever stock as the Pindle Parking Brake doesn't fit the adjustable brake lever.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Excusez moi? Excuse me? Pardon me? what you say? What? Huh?...you calling Dale old? JRob? and...Todd your not old because you are the same vintage as I am...so who are the old people you speak of?:hun1:

Ooooppppss. My bad! Guys over 50....... . Is that better. And Yes....Dale is old....:nanner1:

ToddC

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Such an agile bike on the fabulous roads we have on Vancouver Island.
Took me a bit to get used to the clutch as well. Time to load it up and see the roads over here!
STOCtoberfest in a few weeks, or maybe NEW-STOCK (NorthEast Wa) next spring? Would love to ride with you.

Congrats!!!

(I may be old... :think1:... well, I got nuthin'. Maybe I am...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom