OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Did you get rain yesterday Todd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No rain, but could smell it yesterday morning.... Just lots of clean air from the south west for the last 36 hours. They are predicting more smoke later this week. Some of these fires will not be out untill the snow flys......

ToddC

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
So...after three days of overcast and some rain..... I can pronounce that almost all the smoke has cleared.....
_20170910_083905.jpg.
This next shot was a few days before..
..IMG_20170912_184821.jpg
and three weeks ago...IMG_20170905_183838.jpg

So......sunny next week and beyond.....ya freaking Hoo...!!!!

ToddC

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
We havent had the snow right where i live, but south of us in the mountain passes had a lot. I think that is just a freak series of lows that passed by and seasonal weather to come. I need to ride! :(

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
We havent had the snow right where i live, but south of us in the mountain passes had a lot. I think that is just a freak series of lows that passed by and seasonal weather to come. I need to ride! :(
Ya, we had snow in some of the passes too. Ground is not froze yet and warmer temps are on the way.....!!

Now.....get healthy and ride..!!

ToddC

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ok, here we are one year later and yesterday we had the worst air quality in the nation! Particulate counts into the 300s. Couldn't see the lake from our deck....
Gotta run the furnace fan 24/7 to clean the air. Been on for the last three weeks solid...time for another batch of new air filters.

Come on West wind from the ocean......!!!!

ToddC

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Terrible! Up north we had 3 fairly bad days of smoke from the fires in NW BC, but the last 3 days sun and warm. I am riding to Skagit on the 31st so hope it isnt in that direction, although I will have to get there through BC.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Terrible! Up north we had 3 fairly bad days of smoke from the fires in NW BC, but the last 3 days sun and warm. I am riding to Skagit on the 31st so hope it isnt in that direction, although I will have to get there through BC.
Hope you are planning on stopping by here....!!! Be home Friday.

ToddC

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Ok, here we are one year later and yesterday we had the worst air quality in the nation! Particulate counts into the 300s. Couldn't see the lake from our deck....
Gotta run the furnace fan 24/7 to clean the air. Been on for the last three weeks solid...time for another batch of new air filters.

ToddC
Here's hoping that WeSTOC doesn't get "smoked out."

Last edited:
Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350

ToddC
Hi Todd,

Unless you have a high quality HEPA type filtration system on your furnace, you are best to leave it off and keep all doors and windows closed. Your furnace is pulling "fresh" air in from the outside and there is no way normal furnace filters can filter out the extremely fine micron sized particles. Here in the Lower Mainland of BC today, we are experiencing levels of 10+, the highest rating on the air quality index scale, worse than anywhere else in the world! Needless to say the bike is parked and I'm staying indoors!

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Ok, here we are one year later and.....

ToddC
Yuck. Been there did that. Some westerlies predicted. It's been bad till this week here. We had days like that too. Maybe I need to go north and bring that famous rain I seem to drag In[emoji38].

Finally getting some delta winds and cooling and clearing this week.

Sent by Tapatalk

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Hi Todd,

Unless you have a high quality HEPA type filtration system on your furnace, you are best to leave it off and keep all doors and windows closed. Your furnace is pulling "fresh" air in from the outside and there is no way normal furnace filters can filter out the extremely fine micron sized particles. Here in the Lower Mainland of BC today, we are experiencing levels of 10+, the highest rating on the air quality index scale, worse than anywhere else in the world! Needless to say the bike is parked and I'm staying indoors!
My furnace only recirculates interior air, and I buy really good filters. Windows and doors always closed.....and we stay inside....all day.....it sucks.....bad..!!!!

ToddC. PS . Keep your smoke up there ok..!!!!

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Clear skies? We don't need no stinkin clear skies...
Ugly1.JPG

I took this 5 minutes ago. I can't smell the smoke, but sure can see it.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
when I lived in LA the saying was never trust air you can't see.

Top Bottom