A few questions

Bike
2004 ST1300
When I fill up and do the math (always) the display is almost always 3 mpg lower than actual. This is with my typical riding routine. The last tank was ridden (?) faster and cooler temps. The display was only about 2mpg lower than actual and I filled up with three bars still showing (219 miles) instead of my usual run it well down into blinking bar territory.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
For accuracy mpg should be tracked for a long time over multiple tanks of fuel to average out variables. Snap shots using the onboard computer are of limited use but to each his own method.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Same route, same speed, same position, fill up tank, write down mileage, ride to set mileage, fill up, repeat, and do this a couple times, then do the math. The on board display is just an idiot light.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Find someone else with an ST1300 and fill both tanks, one bike with the shield up, and one with the shield down, riding together, and see who runs out of gas first :rofl1:

Bike
04 ST1300
Find someone else with an ST1300 and fill both tanks, one bike with the shield up, and one with the shield down, riding together, and see who runs out of gas first :rofl1:
I give up you are right. This is not that important. I like riding with the shield up and will sacrifice the extra mileage for comfort. Thanks for the input tho.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Interesting thing about the stock shield, is that when it is raining, you can raise it until the 2nd mounting point just peeks over the dash, and the draft will make the water stream down your face shield and keep your vision clear, while allowing you to still look over the top of the shield. If its up all the way, you'll fog up and fight the rain more. Try it next time it rains, you'll find the sweet spot and probably start riding with it in that position from then on. If your bike starts getting too hot, try lowering the shield a little bit also.
Nothing wrong if you like riding behind the shield, some folks like coupes some like convertibles. enjoy your bike, and ride if often.

Top Bottom