Honda Big Announcement end of October 2017.

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Maybe I missed it but has anyone taken a close look at the front forks of this new GL?
Looks like a monoshock/telelever is going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

Per the article in post 157 and other articles posted earlier. Yes, no "forks" as we are accustomed to seeing.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
An acquaintance of mine posted a blurb on FB supposedly from Cycleworld emag saying the new Goldwing will have a new six cylinder engine, DCT, leading link hub steering, electrically adjustable windscreen and 87 lbs weight loss. It appears they missed the mark on the leading link hub steering, and it appears DCT will be an option (GL1800A?), and I will have to question the 87 lb weight loss, although a more compact engine design would contribute to at least part of this weight loss. I like the Honda version of Telelever front suspension in place of conventional forks, but leading link hub steering with a single-sided swing arm up front ala the 1994 Yamaha GTS1000A would be great IMHO.

Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Available around March... just enough time to sell the ST11 and the VFR...well maybe not the VFR.

OP
OP
Jefro

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
I think the folding mirrors may be handy for parking in tight garage spaces, and the pop up vent on the top of the dash should help eliminate some windshield buffeting.

My local SoCal dealer confirmed the press kit photos are the real deal, and said that when he was in Ohio last week for a national Dealers Meeting, the Japanese were pissed that an American leaked the photos (they knew it was not a Euro leak somehow). But they understand that a great deal of pre-release buzz is being generated.
He said the new Wing should be at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show November 17-19.

This dealer knows that the lighter and sportier Wing will be very popular with Wing riders, and expects many ST owners to seriously consider it for their next ride since the ST is dead.
His biggest concern is the coming glut of used Wing trade-ins , not to mention trying to move new Wings still in the crates at the warehouse.
He expects used Wing prices to tumble quite a bit.
Jefro.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I think the folding mirrors may be handy for parking in tight garage spaces, and the pop up vent on the top of the dash should help eliminate some windshield buffeting.

My local SoCal dealer confirmed the press kit photos are the real deal, and said that when he was in Ohio last week for a national Dealers Meeting, the Japanese were pissed that an American leaked the photos (they knew it was not a Euro leak somehow). But they understand that a great deal of pre-release buzz is being generated.
He said the new Wing should be at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show November 17-19.

This dealer knows that the lighter and sportier Wing will be very popular with Wing riders, and expects many ST owners to seriously consider it for their next ride since the ST is dead.
His biggest concern is the coming glut of used Wing trade-ins , not to mention trying to move new Wings still in the crates at the warehouse.
He expects used Wing prices to tumble quite a bit.
Jefro.
Same thing happened when the 01 wing came out, leaked photos.. at least I think that was the case. Honda does everything for a reason so I would think THEY leaked the photos to create some drama/buzz themselves, it worked...

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Jefro.
How did you conclude that the mirrors are foldable? Could just be pop-away mirror covers like our ST models have(?)

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
The other thing with the mirrors is there appear to be air gaps on the inside. And the lower outside corners of the windshield have separate little "winglets" that may or may not be movable. Might be interesting if it forms some sort of ventilation control, like baker wings.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Blrfl said:
That was a joke, folks. I've been around the Internet for about 30 years.
We need a Foghorn Leghorn emoji/animoji. Or something close enough for forum work not to attract a ©violation.

Top Bottom