Honda Big Announcement end of October 2017.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
My connections indicate this will be a exciting announcement from Honda! Don't spread this around but the word around American Honda HQ in Torrance, CA, is that Honda will be pulling the veil back on and all new, from the ground up Rebel 150. You heard that right, no piddly 125, but a stomping 150cc!!! It will be epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My connections indicate this will be a exciting announcement from Honda! Don't spread this around but the word around American Honda HQ in Torrance, CA, is that Honda will be pulling the veil back on and all new, from the ground up Rebel 150. You heard that right, no piddly 125, but a stomping 150cc!!! It will be epic!
:rofl1:

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
What is this, the old codger thread? Mass psychology rears its ugly head. All in fun, you say? No thanks, I happen to love my Hondas!
We love ours as well. But, mine is 15+ years old. Not everyone has vintage ;), but we really haven't seen anything competitive in the Sport Touring market since the ST1300, which mother-Honda did not seem interested in keeping up with the features that Kawasaki and Yamaha were adding. They were small things too, like a gear indicator and etc. Albeit, maybe we're old and codgery, but we like our creature features too. Alas, mother-Honda seems to have abandoned us for the likes of baggers and ulitmate-cruise Wings. Our sector was horse traded to the Adventure Bikes because someone thought they needed 1200cc's off-road.

I realize they dumbed down a Gold Wing into the F6B, but I rolled up on one in Lolo Pass and it is quite a bit larger, longer, and heavier than an ST.

My buddy JRob's got a CTX1300, and with his touring shield I would definitely consider it a replacement for an ST, but it is more of a bagger in a foot-forward seating position as opposed to a more neutral foot-peg location.

I'm not converting to the Adventure mode. I'm too old (codgery) to want to stand up all day and compromise the highway handling by throwing all my weight up high. But, I would like to enjoy the winding roads and undulating hills of the countryside without something the size and weight of 1/2 a car.

What I'm saying is... I want my cake and I would like to eat it too... If Honda isn't going to make a bike for me, they should at least buy me a Motus!

STOC #

I realize they dumbed down a Gold Wing into the F6B, but I rolled up on one in Lolo Pass and it is quite a bit larger, longer, and heavier than an ST.
Ouch. Dumbed down...

I've owned both (ST and F6B), and love my F6B.
In fact I just took a ride Sunday (100 miles) to a Harley dealer to look at a used 2003 ST1300P they had, and after a quick test ride, I realized how much the F6B has spoiled me.
Wouldn't trade it for any $25k+ Harley they had in the shop.
I really wish that ST wasn't so hammered... it looked great in the photos, but it was really beat.

Just my $.02.
Jim

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ouch. Dumbed down...

I've owned both (ST and F6B), and love my F6B.
In fact I just took a ride Sunday (100 miles) to a Harley dealer to look at a used 2003 ST1300P they had, and after a quick test ride, I realized how much the F6B has spoiled me.
Wouldn't trade it for any $25k+ Harley they had in the shop.
I really wish that ST wasn't so hammered... it looked great in the photos, but it was really beat.

Just my $.02.
Jim
AND.... No harm intended!!!!

If there was a Wing I would advance to, it would certainly be the F6B. And, besideds the CTX1300, really the only bike I've looked at.

My point was, it isn't a Sport Tourer. Similar to the CTX1300, it is more of the cruising bagger style. Not that a good rider couldn't sling one through the Dragon.... it still doesn't make it "Sporty".

No harm to FJ owners, but Yamaha has a bit too much forward lean for my comfort during extended saddle time. No harm to BMW, but the cost and the maintenance expenses don't make it attractive compared to the ST either.

I'm just saying that this old codger would like some love from mother-Honda... even if my segment is dieing off! :please1:

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
With the new Venture, I would assume the announcement would be for a new Goldwing since the existing one has been produced for so long, and now Honda has to compete for those dollars. I love the STs I have but I would like to try an F6B- most reviews are very +

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
AND.... No harm intended!!!!

If there was a Wing I would advance to, it would certainly be the F6B. And, besideds the CTX1300, really the only bike I've looked at.

My point was, it isn't a Sport Tourer. Similar to the CTX1300, it is more of the cruising bagger style. Not that a good rider couldn't sling one through the Dragon.... it still doesn't make it "Sporty".

No harm to FJ owners, but Yamaha has a bit too much forward lean for my comfort during extended saddle time. No harm to BMW, but the cost and the maintenance expenses don't make it attractive compared to the ST either.

I'm just saying that this old codger would like some love from mother-Honda... even if my segment is dieing off! :please1:
Just a thought, Take look the adventure touring style machines. Versys 1000LT, VSTrom 1000, even the Honda VFR1200X (even though it is a bit porky), All have upright seating and all are lighter then the ST11/1300 and FJR. Or even drop down to the 650 versions. Easy to ride, easy to maintain, and cheap to own. a couple of years my FJR will get replaced with a Versys 1000LT, I already have a V-Strom 650 and I just aquired a versys 300X. In my advancing years I am looking for less distance riding and more comfort and easier handling plus less/less weight.

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just a thought, Take look the adventure touring style machines. Versys 1000LT, VSTrom 1000, even the Honda VFR1200X (even though it is a bit porky), All have upright seating and all are lighter then the ST11/1300 and FJR. Or even drop down to the 650 versions. Easy to ride, easy to maintain, and cheap to own. a couple of years my FJR will get replaced with a Versys 1000LT, I already have a V-Strom 650 and I just aquired a versys 300X. In my advancing years I am looking for less distance riding and more comfort and easier handling plus less/less weight.
I have checked them out, but not a serious look or even a test ride. Most of them don't have the weather coverage I would like for distance touring. They may be lighter, but the displacement is what I would argue is the problem. Generally much higher and not as well compacted as the ST's. The wheelbase of some, or lack of, makes for any higher speed runs much more exciting. I came up on a WeeStrom through the pass on a slab. He was looking pretty squirrly at a speed where I was relaxed.

But, that is riding style as well. IF I was to go that route, it would be for the off-road capabilities. Not that they are excellent dirt bikes, but they handle forest roads with ease and mellow single track with a little effort.

That said, I would opt for the smaller versions. I can't see needing the additional power that a 1000 or 1200 produces given the tradeoff with weight.

I really like those for commuters. It's just not where I ride.

I'm spoiled... I don't need to look really far to find the one I like!!!

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Take look the adventure touring style machines. Versys 1000LT, VSTrom 1000, even the Honda VFR1200X (even though it is a bit porky), All have upright seating and all are lighter then the ST11/1300 and FJR.
From my experience (8500 km so far), Honda's VFR1200x-DCT rocks! It can't be judged from arm's length; I strongly recommend a test ride. If I could only have one bike, that would be it.

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Maybe it will be an updated Rune with Programmable shifting. They'll call it the "PRune."
It will come with a "Life Alert " system in case you have fallen and can't get up along with built in incontinence bags from the PRune tank under the seat :)

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I am one in the market for a new bike as I have almost 100K on my ST. Almost called on a low mileage 2012 ST on Memorial day as I love my ST but there are some upgrades I'd like to have without having to add them myself. Cruise, heated grips, gear indicator, a little less weight. I keep hoping Honda will bring out something. Nobody else has anything I want either so I may as well keep riding my ST until Honda or someone does. I'd go for an adventure style bike if I was 6" taller lol, but it wouldn't be a chain drive model. For the miles I generally rack up every year, a shafty is a must for me.

Top Bottom