Honda Big Announcement end of October 2017.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I sure wish I could add moderator(s) to my ignore list. Just doesn't seem fair that I can't. $484 billion would go a ways in a dividend increase but I'm not a shareholder so I don't care. Do wish I would've shorted HMC in 2014 though.

Dave, you need a literature citation if you are going to make claims like that otherwise it is pure BMW diarrhea from the mouth. HMC hasn't addressed the lives lost due to air bag defects. More money will be extracted from your beloved Ma Honda before the dust settles. Your blinders are a bit too tight and your biases too strong. But, yeah, Honda is a fantastic company that has unquestionable ethics. Carry on
Mike

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I have checked them out, but not a serious look or even a test ride. Most of them don't have the weather coverage I would like for distance touring. They may be lighter, but the displacement is what I would argue is the problem. Generally much higher and not as well compacted as the ST's. The wheelbase of some, or lack of, makes for any higher speed runs much more exciting. I came up on a WeeStrom through the pass on a slab. He was looking pretty squirrly at a speed where I was relaxed.
Actually most adventure bikes have comparable or longer wheel bases than the ST1300 or ST1100. They generally use larger front wheels and more rake and trail. These are all changes in the direction of greater stability at the expense of slightly slower steering. The squirrely westrom you saw must have been due to something besides chassis geometry. In the case of my Super Tenere, it's absolutely planted at high speeds whereas the ST1300 at least is not known for high speed stability.

STOC #
Actually most adventure bikes have comparable or longer wheel bases than the ST1300 or ST1100. They generally use larger front wheels and more rake and trail. These are all changes in the direction of greater stability at the expense of slightly slower steering. The squirrely westrom you saw must have been due to something besides chassis geometry. In the case of my Super Tenere, it's absolutely planted at high speeds whereas the ST1300 at least is not known for high speed stability.
My F6B arrives 3 minutes before I do.
Now that's a wheelbase!

Jim

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
My F6B arrives 3 minutes before I do.
Now that's a wheelbase!

Jim
It's true! Previous to my run in with the one on the pass I hadn't seen one in person. When I pulled up it is quite a bit longer than the pics project... or at least that I imagined.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It's true! Previous to my run in with the one on the pass I hadn't seen one in person. When I pulled up it is quite a bit longer than the pics project... or at least that I imagined.
They do kinda look like a toy at when you see one:

But then, so does the ST:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Somebody who knows somebody told somebody at the coffee shop that this is the new Honda!
Reminds me a number of years ago when I was on my VF700 Sabre going over Angeles Crest Hwy and came across a VMax. The rider of the VMax would go great on the straights, but when we came to the curves, he might have just walked it around them! Finally he took one righthand curve too wide and I zipped passed him.I didn't see him again, since there were too many curves! LOL

It's not usually the bike that comes up short, it's the rider's abilities, or lack of them! :D

OP
OP
Jefro

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
On the Honda Site, this first of five videos that they plan to post over the next 6 weeks leading up to the Big Reveal, shows many new motorcycles such as the F6B, NX700, and the re-designed Rebel.
But there is only one really old bike that is shown about 5 times, the original Goldwing 1000.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
... STXNBCG2000L - ABS and non-ABS of course.

Byron

STOC #
I'll bet anyone that it's not going to be a new version of the ST!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Byron said:
I'll bet anyone that it's not going to be a new version of the ST!
I'm not taking that bet. It would be a good one to lose though.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
New Goldwing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom