Honda Big Announcement end of October 2017.

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I was at the Hub in Arkansas early this year in Feb,I met two older gentlemen riding ST1100's. One was 89 years old from TX and the other I think 84 from Mississippi and they would meet up twice a year and ride together, drink a little moonshine and talk about whatever
Here's my moderately funny Hub/moonshine story:

In 2010 I was at the Hub at the same time as the Independents, a biker gang from Paragould, AR. Quoting from my trip report: "We made it to Scooters restaurant in time for the prime rib. It was outstanding. Afterwards we headed over to the fire pit for another evening of beer, conversation, and throwing stuff into the fire. Some girl, I think she was one of the Independents, was passing around some moonshine (which would have been more appropriate for us the day before, after we did the Moonshine Run). I had a couple of sips of the white lightning and don't really remember anything after that. Somehow I managed to put the cover over my bike but have no recollection of it; Todd said it took me a long time."

Full trip report is here.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Re: Leaked pics of new Goldwing

Looks like an ST windshield. But will it have 7 gears?

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A

Still looks alot heavier than a ST..... Maybe...

T

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #

I read somewhere that they may have shaved 40 or 50 pounds off of it, so that is getting into ST territory. I ride a Victory Vision mostly now so when I do take the ST out it is like a CBR in comparison.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #

Nothing there for me. I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed. Maybe next year.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
They'd have to shave off another 100 lbs to get into ST territory. But 50 lbs less is better than it was. One of the reasons I haven't been interested in a Wing since I sold my GL1500 years ago. If a new Wing (GL1800B) were a lot lighter and much more nimble in slow maneuvering than the prior models then I might possibly be interested again. Been reading "specs" on the "new" one since this thread started... No, NOT "specifications" but "speculations" since that's all that is available at this time.

GL1800 = F6 = full Gold Wing with top case and all
GL1800B = F6B = Gold Wing Bagger
GL1800C = F6C = Gold Wing Valkyrie

Last edited:

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
The F6B looks to compete with the BMW inline 6 cylinder? I'll take a look, the F6 looks to fill hole left by the departed ST.

My wife is NOT going for another bike in the garage, but I usually get my way LOL.

OP
OP
Jefro

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
If the Big Reveal is only 4 weeks away, that means that Cycle World and the others are very busy shooting lots of photos for the Cover Story next month.
Hopefully, they will also have a Ride Report to go along with the pics.
If the new bike really is the re-designed Wing, I will have to have a serious look at it, and be prepared to sell my beloved ST1300, since I have only room for one bike in my garage.
Jefro.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
If the spy shots are real, this new Goldwing looks a lot more appealing to me than the current model. Can't believe I'm saying that as I NEVER thought I'd consider a 'wing!

Bike
2005 ST 1300
New Gold Wing

I am seeing pictures of the new Goldwing 1800 and Fb6 on Motorcycle .com . The pics are originating in Europe and look every creditable. They report the new bike is to be released Oct 24. If my recollection is correct the St 1300 was released a year following the last Gold wing redesign . Hope springs eternal.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
What's wrong with the tach in the photos? Looks normal to me. A GL has a much lower rpm at any gear and speed than the ST so no problem with a red line at 6700 rpm, or whatever it ends up being. Just more specs... (speculations).

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
Re: The new Gold Wing looks like an ST

If this is real, I'm in. Looks like a great blend between the ST and the GW.

JohnConner
:rd13:
: bgw1:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Re: The new Gold Wing looks like an ST

Several people said Honda verified the pictures are real. It's on the internet, you know it's real. :D It looks like the DCT or what ever the auto shift is on it. Maybe a manual shift will be available.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
What's wrong with the tach in the photos? Looks normal to me.
Most bikes have the speedometer and tachometer both pointing in the same direction for zero, usually 6 o'clock (like the ST1300) but some are 7 or 8 (like your CTX), or even 9 o'clock. This new GL has the speedometer pointing to 6 o'clock but the tach points to 11 o'clock when at zero. Just seems weird to me, visually.

I like everything else about the display. :)

Top Bottom