The "other" side of Cape Breton.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
With hearing of how much construction was going on in Highland National Park and the Cabot Trail this summer, I decided to go down the east coast of Cape Breton on my way to Halifax. I had never been down the most of that road. A bit of it was rough and a lot of it is inland from the coast, so not as scenic as the whole west side of Cape Breton ride. The Mira River area is pretty. I have roots in Louisbourg and had played on the remnants (just mounds) of the fortress well before the restoration started. Although I did not go there this trip, a day at the fortress is highly recommended even if you just have a slight interest in history. So, here is Part 3 of my mini-vacation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a77KVZ61iAY&lc=z22owjt5uzjtwzegl04t1aokgmwdc31hkykmfwflqjetrk0h00410

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Well made video, brings back memories from our trips to the Maritimes. We where in Louisbourg in 2011, we got into a conversation with a local Post Office employee and she really thought we would enjoy the beach at Kennington Cove. So we went and after stowing our stuff on the bike we headed to the beach, we where about to head down and a group came up so I asked them how the beach was, they replied that they didn't know but the black flies where hungry. So we decided to go back to town.

Nova Scotia does have some really bad roads with enormous potholes.

Gerhard

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Well made video, brings back memories from our trips to the Maritimes. We where in Louisbourg in 2011, we got into a conversation with a local Post Office employee and she really thought we would enjoy the beach at Kennington Cove. So we went and after stowing our stuff on the bike we headed to the beach, we where about to head down and a group came up so I asked them how the beach was, they replied that they didn't know but the black flies where hungry. So we decided to go back to town.

Nova Scotia does have some really bad roads with enormous potholes.

Gerhard
The Nova Scotia provincial tourist bureau would like to send you their "Thanks for Nothing" award. Potholes, bad roads and black flies all in one post. Well at least the posties are friendly. :lol:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
The Nova Scotia provincial tourist bureau would like to send you their "Thanks for Nothing" award
Did I mention the size of the mosquitoes in Annapolis Royal?

Actually the East Coast is one of my favourite paces to visit. This bad road I took was my own fault, we had reservations at a B&B near a place called Larrys River the instructions they provided did not look like the best route so I took a smaller road from New Glasgow instead of the road from Antigonish. The road started out good but then after crossing a river it just about completely disintegrated with only the crown being sort of paved. Before we realized this I rode into the mother of all potholes, the only time I ever bottomed out the suspension on the ST1100, Cherie was sure we had a flat. Everything turned out ok but it did kind of burn in a permanent memory.

What would I recommend about Nova Scotia? The people, the food, lots of things to do and see.

Gerhard

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Thank you for the posts Jim I find them very interesting here in the UK.
Keith
Thanks, I find I watch a lot of motorcycle videos of riders in the UK. Richie Vida in particular. I would love to do the Alps or Spain someday, but I think I had better get a couple of more cross continent rides done on this side of the pond too.

Top Bottom