Does Honda still produce the ST1300 and CTX1300?

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
A few months ago I noticed an ST1300 Santa Clara Sheriffs cop bike with paper plates (indicating "new"). I found the officer inside (we were at a Peets Coffee House) and asked him about it. He said that the ST1300 was the perfect bike for their agency and they were able to find new ones in Australia. So, they import them from there and have them converted to patrol motorcycles. I'm thinking that Honda still produces these for non-US markets and may only do so for police duty, similar to how Kawasaki kept the Z1000 in production way past it's prime for the general motorcycle market.

Just my thoughts.

Dan

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I wonder how many cups of coffee that officer had? I'm pretty sure that Honda still makes the ST1300AP for the US market.
You can go to just about any parts list website and find the ST1300AP parts available.

OP
OP
BarnRat
Bike
2014 CTX1300D
I purchased a "new" 2014 blue CTX1300 from the local Honda dealer. I pick it up Thursday or Saturday -- depends on when my money transfer happens.

I guess I will be bidding you guys goodbye. Thanks for all the good info you gave me.

BR

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I purchased a "new" 2014 blue CTX1300 from the local Honda dealer. I pick it up Thursday or Saturday -- depends on when my money transfer happens.

I guess I will be bidding you guys goodbye. Thanks for all the good info you gave me.

BR
Don't be too quick to burn any bridges yet, as the CTX was only made for ONE year.
You won't find a better forum, or more knowledgeable folks, on any CTX fourm.
You may be surprised to know what you can learn here.
Good luck with the CTX and enjoy riding it.
No need to say goodbye.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

BR
No need to go away. Lots of engine and tranny and other mechanical information here that still applies. And then there are the STOC events. Gotta go to one of those sometime. Of course there are also a few events on the CTX forum that are starting to show up as well. I'm still here. Maybe not as often as on that other forum but there is still lots of value here. :grin:

OP
OP
BarnRat
Bike
2014 CTX1300D
Don't be too quick to burn any bridges yet, as the CTX was only made for ONE year.
You won't find a better forum, or more knowledgeable folks, on any CTX fourm.
You may be surprised to know what you can learn here.
Good luck with the CTX and enjoy riding it.
No need to say goodbye.
OK. Thanks. You'll be sorry . . . :)

OP
OP
BarnRat
Bike
2014 CTX1300D
No need to go away. Lots of engine and tranny and other mechanical information here that still applies. And then there are the STOC events. Gotta go to one of those sometime. Of course there are also a few events on the CTX forum that are starting to show up as well. I'm still here. Maybe not as often as on that other forum but there is still lots of value here. :grin:
OK. Talked me into it. But you'll be sorry . . . :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm thinking that Honda still produces these for non-US markets and may only do so for police duty, similar to how Kawasaki kept the Z1000 in production way past it's prime for the general motorcycle market.
Ford did a similar thing with Crown Vics. They were a fleet item while no longer for individual consumer sales. I always like the Vic and wished I'd grabbed one back in 2011 when 'I knew a guy...'

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
I wonder how many cups of coffee that officer had? I'm pretty sure that Honda still makes the ST1300AP for the US market.
You can go to just about any parts list website and find the ST1300AP parts available.
Just reporting what he told me. We talked for some time and I'm just relating the conversation. He had just arrived, no coffee yet.

Dan

Top Bottom