ST1300 vs CTX1300

I rode my friends CTX before I bought my ST, I didn’t care for the back swept handlebars or the slightly forward foot position. Otherwise it was fine. I do like my windscreen much better. The CTX is more of a cruiser.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not familiar with the VTX. I call the CTX a bagger because of the type of fairing with the low windscreen and hard bags with no top box (though one is an option.) The pegs and foot controls seem a little more forward than the ST but not as much as a more typical cruiser. It does handle better than a typical bagger though.

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Several years ago I bought my first cruiser, a small vulcan. It took what seemd like forever to get used to, but eventually it grew on me. I had owned night haws, super hawks, virago, even a gold wing in the 80's and 90's. Then I went to a BIG Vulcan for a short time. Before buying the ST I rode a CTX deluxe and liked it, but it was pretty much the same for me since I'd been on cruisers for a while except the motor was smoother and quieter. I bought the ST mainly because I had never owned a sports tourer, the outstanding following and reputation it has, and it was not a big vibrating V-twin. Now I have a few miles on the ST, I think I should have bought the CTX Deluxe. I like the ST for all the reasons already stated above from others, the CTX though is more comfortable for me. I have this incredible low miles 2005 ST now I can see fun little local jaunts but I believe for my old fat butt and riding style..the CTX might have been a better choice. The ST is an incredible all around bike. The CTX is incredible (and fast) too, but in a more laid back way. "Bulldogady" Hit the nail on the head really.

Top Bottom