Swing Arm Bearing Removal Question

In need of replacing the swing arm bearings. I've replaced all kinds of bearings so this question is specific to the ST1300's setup not how to punch out a race as I can do that in my sleep... So as I'm looking at the race there is a thin walled "cap?" behind the race set into the swing arm. This "cap" limits my ability to get any tooling behind the race to extract it. This "cap" doesn't show up on a parts list as being available/replaceable... How has others dealt with this?

Bike
2012 ST1300
I just replaced mine last year, if I remember correctly I just punched them out then removed the bearing. The new bearings come with new dust caps

OP
OP
Ltimb
That would make sense as several pictures show the cap when searching via part number... Good reason to buy Honda parts and not source otherwise by the size..... By the way I was lucky and found 2 new ones on EBay for $1.77 each but shipping did cost me $8.49... :) Will get them in 2 days and will post up if included if others read this....

I just replaced mine last year, if I remember correctly I just punched them out then removed the bearing. The new bearings come with new dust caps

Top Bottom