Looks like we lost a couple more good tire choices

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Rider preferences aside, Bush and ibike are riding a 1100 and 1300 respectively. I suspect the two bikes have enough differences in handling, and stock tire sizes, that whatever tire is perfect on one isn't necessarily on the other. But, given the number of people here who like car tires on their bikes, rider preference certainly does play a huge role in tire opinions, which is what makes tire threads about as worthless as oil threads.

Bike
1991 ST1100
I run on retreaded truck tires, and I lube my bike by cutting open a few cans of Pam and dumping the result into the oil pan. That's about as useful as most oil or Tire threads. I also use a Campbell's Soup can with some wadded up paper towels in it for an oil filter.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I also use a Campbell's Soup can with some wadded up paper towels in it for an oil filter.
this information is useless without precise information on what micron size particles the paper towels will allow to pass through, and what color duct tape you use to attach it. And without a side-by-side comparison with toilet paper in the can its obvious you haven't done your required due diligence.

Bike
1991 ST1100
this information is useless without precise information on what micron size particles the paper towels will allow to pass through, and what color duct tape you use to attach it. And without a side-by-side comparison with toilet paper in the can its obvious you haven't done your required due diligence.
But I been running it that way for 10,000 years on 1,490 Different Bikes, and ma truck, for 17 million total miles. And I never had a problem so it must be good.

Bike
VStrom 650
Right there, funny!
I mean real funny!
Upt'North.

Bike
1991 ST1100
you bottom line guys take all the fun out of things. Wait a minute, are you quoting me from a previous reply, it sounds familiar.
No, I'm just goofing around. Dwalby beat me to making fun of the extreme "tech spec" perspective so I figured I'd go with the totally experiential side.

Top Bottom