Wow!

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Took the long way to work today.
Opened up STella's throttle fully for the first time up through 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
All I can say is that this bike has so get up and go! Saw 120 kmh when I backed off due to space and building traffic.

I love this bike!
(that is all, please return to your normally scheduled activities)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Took the long way to work today.
Opened up STella's throttle fully for the first time up through 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
All I can say is that this bike has so get up and go! Saw 120 kmh when I backed off due to space and building traffic.

I love this bike!
(that is all, please return to your normally scheduled activities)
LOL... Now the question of the hour, did the front tire come up off the ground?

If not, You truly didn't open it up properly! :rofl1:

:bk13:

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Perhaps it did as I could feel the steering get even lighter.

I'm not one to try to loft the front end but torque happens! [emoji83]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Yes be careful of the front wheel coming off the ground. It happened to me the first time I cracked the throttle hard and I wasn't really ready for it. That was fine, but when I rode it more and got comfortable with it, my first and only tip over was when I intentionally tried to do a wheelie. Bad choice, tip over, embarrassed and hopefully learned. My therapist says I'm ok now. Darn stupid things when trying to impress. I give up and just ride now.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ah yes...!! Torque......mmmm. Light front end......mmmmmm. Life is good on an ST...:bow1::06biker:

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Ah yes...!! Torque......mmmm. Light front end......mmmmmm. Life is good on an ST...:bow1::06biker:
Look at me fall on the sword, bare my sole, become transparent, open myself up to ridicule, be the brunt of endless jokes, be looked down upon by my fellow riders, open myself up to litigation, local police read this and show up at the house, stunting ticket, here is your hero certificate, the wife is mad, she wants a divorce because I am a menace on the highway, takes the kids, house, garage and all its contents, yes including the bikes...and WORST OF ALL, I don't have a bike to come to STOC-toberfest!!! :eek: Wakeup! It was just a nightmare. Whew! I got to keep the bike! Woohoo!!! See you soon Todd!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've only done that in 3rd/4th/5th with roll-on throttle and it that is more fun than I really care to have. LOL

LOL... Now the question of the hour, did the front tire come up off the ground?
That happened to me with a unintentionlly hard shift under some brisk acceleration from 1st to 2nd. I didn't care for it.. That's more ST than aim for. LOL

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
cdnemsguy said:
Yes be careful of the front wheel coming off the ground.
I'm second-nature careful. Me trying to wheelie is a recipe for disaster. I've seen a wheel raise up and lower and it looked very cool (as opposed to popping the wheel up and dropping on the ground).

And even if dropping the bike weren't enough of a deterrent here in Alameda County getting the front wheel off the ground will usually get you a Reckless Driving arrest with a driving with wanton disregard certification. Talk about adding insult to injury!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
.... here in Alameda County getting the front wheel off the ground will usually get you a Reckless Driving arrest with a driving with wanton disregard certification...
Only if you did it on purpose...I'm sure you could talk them out of it by saying you had no idea that bike would do that! :eek:4:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :rofl1:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Look at me fall on the sword, bare my sole, become transparent, open myself up to ridicule, be the brunt of endless jokes, be looked down upon by my fellow riders, open myself up to litigation, local police read this and show up at the house, stunting ticket, here is your hero certificate, the wife is mad, she wants a divorce because I am a menace on the highway, takes the kids, house, garage and all its contents, yes including the bikes...and WORST OF ALL, I don't have a bike to come to STOC-toberfest!!! :eek: Wakeup! It was just a nightmare. Whew! I got to keep the bike! Woohoo!!! See you soon Todd!
You gotta stop sleeping during the day dude......

WooHoo indeed...!!!

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Lol! *WOW*! Is exactly the correct response! :)

Glad you have the riding skills for it to wow you and not scare you from the bike. :rolleyes:

It's about as much power as I'll ever want or need!

Just be careful or you'll end up with a performance award to prove your prowess!

Enjoy!!

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Is this what you guys like to do? [emoji15]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Not me!
I've never intentionally done a bonafide wheelie except if the from wheel comes off the ground from sheer torque when accelerating.
Does that count as a wheelie?
(Great photo btw!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Judging by the black rims I can see that is an '03. The that is the year of my ST. I wonder.....

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Judging by the black rims I can see that is an '03. The that is the year of my ST. I wonder.....
So if thats your year and it does that, imagine how us people that own the black 06 model fight to control our STeeds as we all know black is the fastest! Roll on slowly or we get bucked off the black beauty!

STOC #
I have never done a wheelie on purpose but they have happened on occasion. Proof positive that the ST1300 is such a good balance of sport and touring... :bk13:

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I wouldn't call the porker of a bike that the ST is fast, but it can move down the road pretty good for what it is.

Top Bottom