ST1100 CT size options

Bike
1993 ST1100
STOC #
With the help of technical data found on this site, I converted my ST1100 to the Darkside. Thank you, it was very helpful. The recommended car tires were all 175/60R16. I selected the Federal Formoza and notice the car tire installation is a little shorter than the motorcycle tire so the bike sits up a bit straighter when on the side stand. This is an issue when parking on uneven ground. Has anyone tried a car tire that is the same height as the motorcycle tire? I'm guessing the size may be due to a clearance issue.

Bike
R1200rt
With the help of technical data found on this site, I converted my ST1100 to the Darkside. Thank you, it was very helpful. The recommended car tires were all 175/60R16. I selected the Federal Formoza and notice the car tire installation is a little shorter than the motorcycle tire so the bike sits up a bit straighter when on the side stand. This is an issue when parking on uneven ground. Has anyone tried a car tire that is the same height as the motorcycle tire? I'm guessing the size may be due to a clearance issue.
Did YOU GET A GOLDWING DIF ? 1100 DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF ROOM. I RUN A 190/60-17 (17 IS STOCK)AND HAD TO MAKE MODS. THE SWINGARM NARROWS CLOSER TO THE ENGINE. A TALLER TIRE MIGHT(WILL) RUB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
1993 ST1100
STOC #
I installed a rear wheel from a 1500 Goldwing following instructions provided by Bigmak96 and The Dan. The swingarm & diff are original ST1100. There's room to go taller - back to OEM - but no wider.

Top Bottom