Helmet Lock

Bike
92 ST1100
There is a long, dome topped bolt on my front brake perch. It appears to replace the bolt that holds the lever.
The previous owner said it was for a helmet lock.

Can anyone here help me identify what kind? I assume there is a part missing.

Thanks.

Attachments

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300 09 XR650L
STOC #
Helmet holder. I have one on mine. Actually I have seen others use a very small lock on there as well to prevent pulling D ring off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Yep....it is NOT part of a locking device.
It IS part of a locking device.

The D rings slip over the stud and a small padlock can be attached around the groove to keep the helmet in place.

Years ago some places sold the stud and lock as a kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuryakyn-mirror-stud-helmet-holder-with-lock-/182324140724?hash=item2a735d9ab4:g:xe0AAOSwz2lXBqLZ&vxp=mtr

Now for the most part you find a pair of them from Show Chrome and maybe some others and rarely the lock too.

I've had one on most of my metric bikes including the ST. I've never used the lock. Just needed a place to hang my hat and the ST doesn't have one.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
It IS part of a locking device.

The D rings slip over the stud and a small padlock can be attached around the groove to keep the helmet in place.

Years ago some places sold the stud and lock as a kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuryakyn-mirror-stud-helmet-holder-with-lock-/182324140724?hash=item2a735d9ab4:g:xe0AAOSwz2lXBqLZ&vxp=mtr

Now for the most part you find a pair of them from Show Chrome and maybe some others and rarely the lock too.

I've had one on most of my metric bikes including the ST. I've never used the lock. Just needed a place to hang my hat and the ST doesn't have one.
Thanks. I have never seen one of these used with a lock before; always thought the groove was simple decoration.

Top Bottom