Sign Me Up!

Bike
2001 ST1100
Had a great ride today -- Sacramento, Woodland, Winters then up the hill past Lake Berryessa and down into the Napa Valley. Ended up climbing back into the hills on Redwood Rd -- twisty and narrow -- but needed to turn around to head home. I finally spotted a wide spot near a secluded home and decided it would work. Crossed the road into deep gravel and next thing I knew I was standing, looking down at my ST laying on its side and laughing my *** off. It finally happened! LMAO.

I was amazed that I could drop the bike without dropping myself, but even more amazed at how easy it was to right this 700+ lb beast. Backed into it, grabbed the bars and the rear grip, pushed with my legs and lifted and it popped right back up on its feet. Good to know! Only very minor scuffing to the tip-over cover and the lower edge of the luggage (probably buff right out).

I swore this would never happen. I was wrong - happened to me. But it was a great day and I'm glad I've got this behind me now -- not nearly as bad as I'd imagined. AND... there was nobody around to see it. :)

IMG_1208.jpg IMG_1209.jpg IMG_1210.jpg IMG_1211.jpg IMG_1213.jpg IMG_1214.jpg

If an ST falls in the woods and no one hears it did it really happen? Glad it was nearly a non-event. Keep riding safely!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Gravel is nasty stuff! Glad you came out of it as good as you did.

BTW, did you check with the folks that owned that driveway? They might have had cameras on you and are getting ready to post the whole thing on Facebook! :camera1:

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Know that road and spot well. Glad you survived as well as you did. Lived in the area many years will have to check up on you when I visit the grand boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom