Bestem bags

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Received our Bestem bags today. Really impressed with them. Nice quality zips, good sewing, nice material.
Definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
We've been using ours like suitcases for over two years now. They are holding up very well...no threadbare spots, stitching is still secure, zippers work fine.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I couldn't agree more, top quality and good price. Unfortunately I do no use mine like a suitcase and rarely use them, but sure should.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I just had to google them. Man they are cheap too!! I'm going to have to order a set!
I'll be honest; I wasn't expecting them to be a nice as they are.
They only addition I might make is to cut a couple of pieces of Kydex or similar to lay in the bottom so there's a bit of support.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100
Bought a set for my ST1100 from USA. Very impressed with overall construction and fit. Judging by the above comments should be worth initial cost plus the postage and V.A.T. Off to the Highlands end of the month so will come in very useful!

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
That is correct, But ive already ran into issues closing my panniers with the narrow bags slightly bulging. SO I can only imagine how it would be worse with a larger bag in there.
We've done multi day trips with our wide bags and haven't had issues closing though we tend to pack light.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Maybe I need to flip them around and try the small pockets in, lots of people have said that makes a better fit.
That's definitely true. The small pocket is made to fit in that recess which will 'shave off' some thickness. You could possibly still over stuff the pocket and the back and have difficulty closing the pannier.

The purpose of the wide bag would be to carry more Stuff without Straining the Stitching of the bag. If you loaded narrow bag keeps the pannier from closing properly maybe you have to much Stuff.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Maybe I need to flip them around and try the small pockets in, lots of people have said that makes a better fit. Is that how you run yours?
Actually I run them with the pocket on the outside.

My rationale (for better or worse) is that I like to have the pocket accessible when I open the lid. That way if it's raining or something the bag stays mostly dry and I don't strain the strap that connects the lid to the pannier body by putting it in the lid.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I bought myself a pair of the wide ones for Christmas. I always seem to know what to get me and they look great. Can hardly wait to use them... which will mean, of course, that winter is over and I'm going somewhere.

Top Bottom