2017 Miles

My Gallery

Sep'17 MOTM - JRob

Please congratulate
    Jeff
    for being the

September 2017 Member Of The Month.

From Jeff:

Back in 1994 a buddy of mine and I were chatting up this new bike we had seen called an ST1100. At the time I was riding my second bike, a Yamaha 650 Special. Up until this point I was riding to commute but had dreams of riding further. The 650 was not the bike for that kind of travel though. We were both single and had time on our hands. One of us said to the otherÖ "If you buy one Iíll buy oneĒ. A month later we both owned STís. I purchased a new í94 and he purchased a slightly used í93. In the next three years I put over 53k on that bike until I totaled her in in 1997. I saw more of the US and Canada than I had ever dreamed I would. We did most of our travels by way of camping and never really had a destination in mind. All we knew is when we had to be back to work. Thats the perfect way to do it. After my wreck I didnít ride for a number of years. I just didnít have the money to purchase another bike and other priorities came along such as marriage and family so I could only dream of riding. My beautiful wife knew that I longed to get back on a ST and spent a lot of time looking for one behind my back. She would ask questions as to what I would want if I could get a bike but only as conversation, not because she was looking. I told her that I would want a ST1100P that had never been used in service as I didnít want all the holes from removed lights and accessories. Low and behold she found one, and now told me about it. She encouraged me to take a look at it, so we did. That day was one of the best Iíve had. I rode home on a 2003 ST1100P in mint condition. Since then I have sold that bike and moved on to a ST1300 and recently purchased a CTX1300.

Back in the day I joined the Stoc list and was receiving the paper newsletter about our beloved ST1100. This group of owners has grown over the years and along with it the number of wonderful friends that I get to ride with. Iíve now been to 2 WeSToc events and spent at least a little time at NEW-SToc meeting even more wonderful people. And thats what this is all about, the people. Day in and day out we read the threads of riders helping each other out and spending time with one another. I couldnít be more blessed to have enjoyed the benefits of both from this group. From help with fork seals (ToddC & STimpa) to motorcycle camping (caesarpaul01 & Dale_I) this continues to be a great place to meet some wonderful folks, many of which are my closest friends.

Cheers to all of you!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Bike
    2001 ST1100 ABSII
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: Sep'17 MOTM - JRob

Hey, congrats Jeff! Nice write-up... always enjoy reading a little bit of someone's biography.

Too much white... I'm working on it!

STOC #8735
    IBA #68258

Bike
    2001 Honda ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Seriously well chosen!

Jeff is nothing short of what I've come to find in many STOC faithfull. Kind, fun, generous, with a passion for a good ride to explore the next town, that "other" road, or find out if the food in that Cafe is really that good!

And the miles... there are lots of them! Whether his ST gets the call, his new CTX, or just putting around town with his wife on a scooter, there is no smile like seeing him kickstand up. Jeff is simply at home two-wheeled.

Jeff is the commensurate ambassador for the touring sector. His friends ride anything from a fat tire Harley chopped bobber to a Goldwing. He is as comfortable with the Heads of State as he is with a hardened biker.

If there is a complaint... it would have to be...
    How we can both be standing side by side taking pics of the same bikes and scenery and his are just... better. Not sure how that happens (because it is obviously not me --laff).

Congratulations! Thank you for your friendship, showing me around the Palouse, all the gear advice, and the meals and miles.

Looking forward to more!
    I get in trouble the minute I think I know what I'm doing.

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Congrats! I'll see you in a few Day's.

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    2005/2006st1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Ya hoo!! What a great choice!!! Jeff is one of the nicest guys I've ever met! Well deserved.

But how is it that the last two members of the motm club both come from the huge metropolis of Spokane Washington....?????

Mellow.......what kind of bribe was it???? Some of the Cougar Gold Cheddar cheese??? Maybe the promise of Walnut cream pie from ID??

Either way....the choice of Jeff is a good one....

See ya Saturday dude!

ToddC
    I Just wana Ride man, I just wana Ride!

8. The Following User Likes This Post:

AdminiSTrator
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    ST-1200
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ToddC View Post
    Mellow.......what kind of bribe was it???? Some of the Cougar Gold Cheddar cheese??? Maybe the promise of Walnut cream pie from ID??
    I'd tell you but then I'd have to....... well, I can't tell you... it's admin stuff.

Sure gonna be a lot of MOTM'ers in WA this week.

Bike
    2005/2006st1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    I'd tell you but then I'd have to....... well, I can't tell you... it's admin stuff.

Sure gonna be a lot of MOTM'ers in WA this week.

We will take a pic of all of us this weekend......at least 4....need to check for more..

Bike
    Suzuki Gladius
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Congratulations and welcome to the club Jeff!

Two lovely tributes from Todd and Dale... well, that about says it all. Wishing you many more happy miles on two wheels with good friends.

Patty
    I'm awake! I'm awake! The answer is 12!

1994 Kawasaki Vulcan EN500 ("Spot") - RIP
    2010 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius ("Scarlett")

12. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    07 ST1300A
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Congratulations!!
    R.I.P. Terry 'ACL' Hammond ___ R.I.P. Bob Donaldson

14. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    1991 SSMST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Congratulations, Jeff!

Regards, John
    John OoSTerhuis, STOC 1058, 1991 SSMST1100 - The Grey GhOOST (now @ 190K)
    Multi-task: check out: ST-Riders - The LiST
    My tech/maint/service pictures: link

16. The Following User Likes This Post:

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast