MCL risers instructions?

Does anyone have install instructions for the MCL risers? I just picked up a used one and checked the website but couldn't find anything. I e-mailed them, but the e-mail was sent back as non-existent. Thanks.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Re: MCL risers

Don't have instructions for you but did you check the email header.
Was it a server time out or a no such user at this address bounce message?

update, just got a no such user bounce for npt@sbcglobal.net
that's the same email address for npt, livebaitlarry, and motorcycle larry so...

Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST
Phone 805 583 0373
Fax 805 527 8837

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Which risers do you have, they shouldn't be that difficult to put on.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
they shouldn't be that difficult to put on.
+1 I put one set on according to instructions which were minimal and probably included mainly for the line similar to 'be sure that cables don't interfere with operation' for liability purposes.

The second set I put on without even thinking about instructions. I just unbolted bits put the riser on and put back what fit and left off what didn't.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Hi: I have looked and I cannot find my set of instructions - but as the other folks said, it is really a fairly simple nut and bolt operation.

The only potential gotcha is that when you remove one of the original handlebar bolts from the stock bars - it can drop down into the nether regions of the front end and could be tough to find.
So - the rules would be:
-
  • pack some clean rags into the space between the tank, the fairing and the steering head before starting;
  • turn the bars all the way to the right when undoing the RH nut and all the way to the left when dealing with that side;
  • keep your finger on the nut (I actually put some double-sided tape on the end of my finger to help keep track of it.
Otherwise, the job is not complex and the cables and hoses did still function properly - as advertised.

I found that the bar riser made a huge difference in my back and should comfort as well as it reduced the numbness in my wrists and palms of my hands. Coupled with the MCL fixed (NOT adjustable) peg lowering kit, I find my ST1300 to now be perfectly comfortable for long rides and I have never scraped a peg on it despite some fairly spirited riding on curvy roads.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Pete

Top Bottom