Recall work.

Bike
ST1300
I have a new to me 2002 ST1300 currently undergoing a comprehensive check over and service before going on the road.Out of curiosity I decided to check and see if any recall work was due.There is work outstanding,comes up as 3ar recall and pud campaign.I have searched the web but can find no reference to the work that would be done under the recall.
My best bet is to ask the people who own a ST1300.Anybody understand the strange Honda talk?

Byron

STOC #
Possibly this.

• Bikes built in 2002–2004 were recalled for a wire which chafed against the frame and blew a fuse, preventing the engine from running.[SUP][12][/SUP]
  • Bikes built in 2002 were recalled for a potentially leaky brake proportioning control valve.

Here is a link.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
Thank you for the reply and links.
I have seen the second link and similar on the web,but nothing to verify that they are the recalls given out by Honda for my bike.
The nearest Honda dealer is 35 miles away,better to show up when enquiring rather than just phone me thinks.The bike has all the panels removed at the present time,so not in a position to make an appointment for recall work.
Just thought I would ask.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Seems to me I recall seeing something at one time re the dealer placing a punch mark below the serial number (or something) once the recall work was done? (maybe in a factory workshop manual). Can anyone verify?

Last edited:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The three recalls I know of that affected 2002s were the oil pan, suspension and ground cap.

Call the shop and ask. All they have to do is look up the VIN; there's no need for the bike to be there.

--Mark

Top Bottom