Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: FI code 26

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: FI code 26

I haven't yet figured out how vacuum hoses or the five way T could possibly have anything to do with a FI code 25 or 26, maybe one of our digital tech gurus can explain it to everyones satisfaction. If the failure is totally unrelated to wiring or a failed sensor, seems to me that might point to a failed ECU throwing an erroneous code, but that wouldn't explain the 4k rpm threshold.

The Older I Get ... The Better I Was

'03 ST1300A (The one with the faST black wheels)

Bike
    2005 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

FI code 26

Iím of the opinion that while the codes do reflect particular FI issues, I donít believe they are exclusive. That is to say if the knock sensors, ECU and associated wiring have all been replaced and code 26 still comes up then thereís every reason to suspect that something else is amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Finally an ST owner!
    2005 w/ factory topbox

Quote Originally Posted by Igofar View Post
    Had a bike in the garage this week with the same FI code thrown. Pulled the lines & tee, replaced with new and did a TB (starter valve sync) just for good measure, cleared codes, life is good again, no more FI codes thrown.
    How many hard high RPM miles (not just garage blips) without codes since the Tee clean up?

4. The Following User Likes This Post:

About 200 miles round trip, blasting down the Pacific Coast Highway, and several little twisty mountain roads, along with a couple hours of freeway mixed in, why?

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Perhaps the clogged lines/tee were causing the ECU to throw an erroneous code?
    I'd love to hear what our digital tech gurus have to say as well.

+ New Posts
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789