New tires and maintenance

Bike
st1300
I will be putting new tires on the bike next week. Any other maintenance I should do while wheels are of?

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Check all your bearings and brake pads. Lube the rear splines with moly paste. And put 90 degree valve stems if you don't already have them.

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
While the front wheel is off is a good time to change the fork oil and inspect the seals and bushings.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Really depends on a number of things. If you lay your bike up for the winter, then many of these maint issues can be taken care of then (like the fork and radiator). Brake stuff should not wait, but since my brakes were working perfectly, I decided to wait until this winter's layup (in about two months) to really go over the brakes. I'll change oil and brake/clutch fluids then, too. And probably a project or two (like a Race Tech rear shock). If you ride year round, then you might as well do everything now.

These are just our opinions. Your predilection towards preventative maintenance will determine how much time you want to spend working on the bike now.
[h=3][/h]

Top Bottom