Wanting new GPS Zumo 595 or 395

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
But, I've used it enough to know that it will never give me an eta that is faster than the speed limit.
AH this came in while I was writing my last post. That would be the initial ETA before setting out on the route ? So do you think that the ETA is restricted by this even if you were to ride faster. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

This would be significant if the maps were out of date and speed limits are wrong. We have large stretches of major roads which have just been converted to motorway over a 2 year period, when the speed limit was reduced. Although now complete, the speed limit on the current maps is still set at 50mph, even though the actual limit is 70mph).

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
AH this came in while I was writing my last post. That would be the initial ETA before setting out on the route ? So do you think that the ETA is restricted by this even if you were to ride faster. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

This would be significant if the maps were out of date and speed limits are wrong. We have large stretches of major roads which have just been converted to motorway over a 2 year period, when the speed limit was reduced. Although now complete, the speed limit on the current maps is still set at 50mph, even though the actual limit is 70mph).
Yes, the initial ETA is close to what google maps would give me (ie-assuming you rode exactly at the speed limits). The initial ETA on my Nuvi 550 factors in close to 10mph over the limit (my riding habits). I've tried deleting all extra files and resetting the trip log etc. I'd be curious if any 590/595 owners (that ride spiritedly) can have their gps give them an eta that is substantially faster than google maps.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Thought I would mention a couple features on my 590 that don't get much press. On Saturday my wife had a baby shower to attend about 3 hours from home. I suggested we take the bike and I would drop her off and pick her up 2 hours later. Not being real familiar with area, after I dropped her off, I used the 'Round Trip" app. This allows you to do a loop and specify how many miles or how much time you want it to take. Then I use my other favorite option which is "Curvy Roads" found under route calculation. The 2 of these together had me smiling for 2 hours. Very handy features that the 660 doesn't have.
I believe I have that round trip app option on the Nav 5, I will have to check that out! Thanks!

Top Bottom