Put on Z8's

Just put on new Z8's front and rear and I pumped them up to 42psi per factory bike specs (1300st) and I didn't like the way the bike felt. It wanted to fall into turns way to easy and was not real sure footed on windy days in straight stretches. I lowed the pressure to 38psi front and 40psi rear and it feels way better to me. I'm sure if your driving skill is great, You would love these tires on the twistys. I am still learning the bike and have 1200 miles on the new tires. Can't comment on how they compare to other tires or how they do in the rain yet. So far I like them....will update later:)

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Looking at a set of these to replace my Z6s. Any further thoughts or experiences to share?
Keith,
I ran a set of Z8 after I had a set of Z6. I thought the handling was similar, but got fewer miles, 5k as opposed to 6 k with the Z6's.

John

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Based on chatter from another forum (different brand of bike) and a tire-rating / comparison website I'm leaning toward giving the Pirelli Angel GTs the nod for this round. I'll post up my opinions once I have some.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Well,,, just re-tired (sorry,,, could not help myself on that) my Z8 front tire. With about 16,000km's on it,, I am pretty pleased,,, not only with the mileage,, but also with the way it wore. Compared with my previous Pirelli Angel GT,, it held it shape very well, for a dual compound front on a heavy sport tourer. As you can see,,, it is only half worn out,,, like the left half I mean. This is mostly because I have a habit of diving into the roundabout intersections that we have in our area (have not managed to drag a knee yet though ;-). My previous tire,, the GT was lumpy and bumpy by the time I lost confidence in it,,, and I only gave it a B performance rating,,, since it was a premium price and performance offering (I was very happy with the rear GT A-spec, btw). Anyway,,, the ultimate compliment is to replace my worn Z8 with "another Z8". I am off to wear it in,,, as soon as the roads dry up a bit,,, Cat'20180807_214247.jpg

Top Bottom