Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix Bike Rentals

My Gallery

Re: Phoenix Bike Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPete View Post
    What do you folks do about the extra insurance etc?
    Great question.
    I spoke to my insurance agent before our trip and found that my existing coverage was also good for a rental bike.
    But I added some extra medical coverage since it was out of state, just to be on the safe side.
    The Rental Company will also have full coverage for you available for a relatively small cost per day.
    However in case of an accident, Canadian or Australian motorcycle insurance may not cut here in the states, so the available extra cost coverage from the Rental Company may be a wise choice.
    Jefro.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shadow View Post
    If you want a fair evaluation of what the experience of riding a Harley is really like I suggest that you rent something other than a Sportster for a better experience.
    Having owned many Harleys, I completely agree with this.
    Just ask for their least expensive "Big Twin", preferably a Dyna or Softail model.
    Jefro.

Bike
    2007 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
    Having owned many Harleys, I completely agree with this.
    Just ask for their least expensive "Big Twin", preferably a Dyna or Softail model.
    Jefro.
    Okey doke - good thought. I’m picking up that Sportsters are not regarded as being in the same league as other HD models....
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Bike
    '07 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Based on the distance you plan to travel, I'd say to go with whichever one catches your fancy or best suits your budget. I've rented an ElectraGlide, Road King, and a Sportster from Eagle Rider in Palm Springs and a HD dealer in Florida. I didn't mind the time I had on the Sportster but I will admit to preferring the other 2 bikes. In all cases a Vrod was my preferred choice but wasn't an option due to availability or cost.

2017 Travel Plans:
    ?
    Rear View Mirror: EOM, OnSTOC, OHSTOC, the RTE formerly known as Mansfield

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

We have done 3 "fly in and ride" vacations....we flew in to Vegas, and rented a 'Wing at Escape Eagles. We took all our gear with us on the plane, including helmets and Aerostich suits, with no problem. Prices were good, and the condition of the bikes was good. No problems in the rental or the trips. I highly recommend that you get some reasonably priced bag liners for the wing...it'll make your trip ever so much easier. We measured the hard bags at the local dealership, and got some duffels which were close, but lost some packing room.
    We did only 7 day rides, and personally, I would have loved to have gone further. I cannot recommend Viktor at Escape Eagles enough.
    If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Based on the distance you plan to travel, I'd say to go with whichever one catches your fancy or best suits your budget.
    I would normally agree with this statement if Pete's goal was only to ride around with his cousin. However, based on Pete stating that "Iíve always wanted to try a Harley" I assumed that what he is trying to achieve is to feel for himself what the appeal of a Harley is to so many people. If that is the case then the Sportster in not the Harley to feel that feeling in my opinion. It would be like renting a Honda Rebel 250 and deciding that you are not impressed with Honda motorcycles and would never buy one.

As an option to the OP considering what to do with gear. Most airlines allow one carry-on and one other bag on-board. For someone I know the other bag was a soft stuff-sack containing his helmet stuffed with his gloves and whatever else he could fit in to it. He wore his riding boots and the carry-on held everything else- he packed light. This way he did not have to worry about anything getting lost and ruining his trip. The bike shop picked him up at the airport. He changed in to his riding clothes at bike shop and they stored his suitcase for him. I would think that most rental places would be willing to store a suitcase because this must be a common issue for their customers but better to check with them first. He said it worked very well for him.
    Andrew

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12