Tupperware pins/clips

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
In taking off all the Tupperware to replace the thermostat I noticed that a few of the pins were on their last legs; missing one or more of the expanding bits (no idea what to call them)
I thought I'd like to have a full set of new pins. So I went online here: http://www.hondadirectline.com/OEMpartfinder.htm#/Honda/ST1300A_(05)_ST1300,_JPN,_VIN#_JH2SC510-5M300001_TO_JH2SC510-5M399999/LOWER_COWL/ST1300-05-JPN-A/2Y14MCS3E1AMCS4F4300CE

I discovered that each clip location has it's own part number. I sure wish there was a way to just order the full set of clips. Oh well. I'll make a giant list and hit partzilla or some place.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I dont know if the various part numbers for these plastic rivets denote different dimensions, but the few times I have replaced a loose one on the bike with a new Honda rivet, it has fit tightly and snaps in very securely. Some of these on my bike are a loose, sloppy fit in the hole - probably moved from the original location by the PO.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I discovered that each clip location has it's own part number. I sure wish there was a way to just order the full set of clips. Oh well. I'll make a giant list and hit partzilla or some place.
I find this hard to believe. My experience has been that there are only 2 or 3 (maybe 4) different push pins for the Tupperware fasteners. Some, if not all of them can be obtained at a local auto parts store, IIRC.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I believe there are only 6 different (metal) fasteners, lower cowl with no shoulder, long ones with small shoulder for side pannels, small ones with shoulder for side pannels and lower cowl, tip over cover medium shoulder, and above the cylinder head cover, deep shoulder for the recess in the plastic grill etc., 4 different plastic fasteners (clips & push rivets) large head for inside the front inner pannels, small head for one inner front pannel, and the push rivets for the dash, and inside upper inner pannels, etc. And yes, the 2008 and newer have a screw type head for the inspection cover, and 2 types of JIS fasteners (mirrors, glove box, lower front cowl, and the special ones for the air snorkels).
While each fastener does go in its own location, if you look at a parts fish, find the one your looking for, then look over to see how many of that type are required, you'll have your answer.
I find the aftermarket ones, made from a more nylon material, last longer, and the arms or petals don't break off as often.
I prefer the stuff from Bolt mfgr hardware, as they do have a "kit" that gives you most everything you need for about $30 bucks.
I also prefer the large 8 mm push rivet style for the lower cowl (bottom) as they lay flat and don't stick out and catch on anything.
And...for those pesky little outer corner ones on the top of the dash beneath the shield, that ALWAYS rattle loose and fall out...I find a 7 mm push rivet to fit perfect and stay in place, and they look like the rest of the small 6 mm ones.

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My bad for a hasty reply after seeing the reply from Igofar. I was only thinking about the plastic push pins, rivets, whatever. I didn't think about anyone ever having to replace the screws. I guess if you are not careful you could lose 1 or 2 of those on the garage floor during maintenence, I have never had that problem so it never occurred to me.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I prefer the stuff from Bolt mfgr hardware, as they do have a "kit" that gives you most everything you need for about $30 bucks.
Is this who you're referring to?

Igofar said:
And...for those pesky little outer corner ones on the top of the dash beneath the shield, that ALWAYS rattle loose and fall out...I find a 7 mm push rivet to fit perfect and stay in place, and they look like the rest of the small 6 mm ones.
That some really good information. Both of mine were loose and now one is missing.

I found this small bag of 5+5 Push and Pry M7 rivets. $5 flat rate shipping up to $100. >$100 gets free shipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom