Test ride on GSX-S 1000

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Columbia Powersports had a grand opening today, and Suzuki was there with a truck load of demo rides. No waiting, so I picked the GSX-S 1000, and off we went. Wow! 163 HP on a 460lb bike is a lot of fun. About 30 minutes of riding with a leader, 2 demo bikes and a rep riding sweep. Before we left the lot, the guy riding sweep told me that he would stay back a bit, so I could have room to play with it a bit. I lagged back a bit, so I would have some room to turn it loose and Wow, just Wow! The tranny shifted smoother than any bike that I've ever been on.The only problem I found was that after just 30 minutes, my right hand was numb from vibration in the bars on the right side only. A lot more vibration than my DL650, and they're known to buzz. I was beginning to think that maybe I could get used to a naked bike. Back at the lot, a salesman looked at my '08 Wing to give me a trade in value. I guess I won't be trading there, since he only offered me $3500 on trade. Oh, well. It was fun and the burgers were pretty tasty. I may ride back by there later in the day, just for another burger!

John

image.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Wow! 163 HP on a 460lb bike is a lot of fun.
Just reading that set of the Heart Rate alarm on my watch! Waaaaay more fun than I'm prepared to have!

The hand-numbing vibration would be a problem for me. The ST numbs my hands after awhile but I can shake them out and be ok again. I put heavier bar end weights on and that helped.

Top Bottom