Finally broken in ;)

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
On the way to work this morning I noticed that today will be the day that it will role over the 100,000 km mark then while riding home I almost missed when it rolled over. I got the bike May 2012 and we have made many great memories on it over those 5 years. It has been mainly trouble free, only things I can remember outside regular maintenance is four headlight bulbs and that the cruise control switch became intermittent and it was replaced under warranty and then again a year later in a service campaign to replace it with a new design.

Gerhard

Darth rider

Site Supporter
Bike
BMW K1600 GT
On the way to work this morning I noticed that today will be the day that it will role over the 100,000 km mark then while riding home I almost missed when it rolled over. I got the bike May 2012 and we have made many great memories on it over those 5 years. It has been mainly trouble free, only things I can remember outside regular maintenance is four headlight bulbs and that the cruise control switch became intermittent and it was replaced under warranty and then again a year later in a service campaign to replace it with a new design.
I am right there with ya. My beemer will turn over 60,000 miles this weekend. 2012 also. Would have more miles if I had more time to ride it.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Very good!

You mean the ST1300s aren't the only bikes to burn out headlights? :D

OP
OP
Gerhard

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Thanks for the comments, the kilometres really aren't much of an accomplishment but that I still like the bike as much as I did 5 years ago is pretty cool. The miles just happened from going to places we wanted to go to.

So 2022....200.000kms????
That would be nice, as long as our health and interest in travel stay I would say why not.

Would have more miles if I had more time to ride it.
True for me as well,

You mean the ST1300s aren't the only bikes to burn out headlights?
Hopefully they are easier to reach on the ST1300 than on the RT where the design does not seem to take into account that they need to be changed on occasion with regular sized human hands. Funny on my ST1100 the original bulbs lasted 13 years.

Gerhard

Top Bottom