Stupid drop with an Oh, NOoo.

Bike
2002 Honda ST1100
Took the bike out of the garage to go to work. Parked the bike in the street in front of the driveway with the rear tire in the gutter usingthe sidestand. Opened the TopBox to put in my backpack. Saw dirt in it, so removed the TopBox to turn it upside down. When I tried putting the box back on the rack, turns out the bike was too close to the center. So pushed the box too hard clicking it in place, next thing I know, there I am holdin the damn box in my hands as the bike falls to the right into the street. It is slightly downhill and I can't lift the bike backup by myself, so I had to get my 28 year old son out of bed to help lift the bike back up.

Damage to the right mirror cover which cost me about $180 fromBikebandit.com to replace. No other issuesexcept I had to use the old broken piece that goes between the mirror and the faringitself to fill in the space. Had to usetwo-way tape to put it in place. Didn'tsee where I could order that little piece of plastic which is not part of thecover I ordered.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
No other issuesexcept I had to use the old broken piece that goes between the mirror and the faringitself to fill in the space.Had to usetwo-way tape to put it in place.DidnÂ'tsee where I could order that little piece of plastic which is not part of thecover I ordered.
Did the same thing once when closing the box.
Leave that little piece off anyway. It can damage the fairing in a fall.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Very fortunate in a sense - usually it's $600 tip over - Mirror, Mirror Cover, the space filler, tip over wing and the saddle bag lid (don't ask me how I know. ;-)). I wrecked an upper fairing also one time in a tipover. Wrecked both saddlebags in another one trying to save it (the side it fell on and the one I ripped off the bike during the save attempt). Unfortunately, the body parts for ST1100s appear not to be made any more. 'Arrest Me Red' is pretty much all gone, still a few wineberry parts out there and a few other colors. And most of the stuff on EBay is cracked and chipped and at a high price. ;-)

Top Bottom