Texting teen, motorcyclist pays

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Head ona swivel and foot on the brake? Not enough time to even think about reacting.
[video=youtube_share;jbZt2OcRTfo]https://youtu.be/jbZt2OcRTfo?t=2s[/video]

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Wow, Getting thrown under the buss saved his life, you can see his helmet hitting the road and sliding under the bus just before final impact....
Had he been any closer to the buss it would be a different story....

Last edited:
Bike
2006 Honda st1300
People need to pay attention when driving. Saw this woman yesterday texting while driving next to me as she was in going home traffic doing about 35mph. My phone goes in my back pocket on mute when I drive. Then again, you can't fix stupid. No call or text is worth a life. Pay attention people.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I see numerous people texting/talking/etc on their cellphones when I'm on my commute! And yes, I really have to watch out for them! :eek:4:

BTW, Did you see that "Alaris PC" medical device in that video, It's software, is what I work on! :D

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
One FaceTiming drifting into me on the highway 80 east bound Seemed a bit put off when I gave him use your eyes on the road signal. And went right on with his call. One lucky rider on that feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I like to rev my engine and I have a very loud stereo turned up riding next to them. If they give me any dirty looks or hand symbols I just hold my hand to my head like a cell phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That was a brutal T/C. That's one lucky man. And he's in very good spirits considering.

I walk a lot every day and see a lot of people in commute traffic on the phone. Most don't appear to be texting and almost all are distracted. Holding the phone and using the speaker is popular. The idea is to toss it on the floor or the passenger seat when the Po-Po is around.

CA screwed the pooch by taking waaaaay too long to make operating a hand-held electronic device a moving violation. There was no real penalty and now it's seen as an entitlement by a lot of people.

When I walk it's usually against the flow of traffic (yes I'm on the sidewalk) but it has a down side. People leaving business driveways are looking left for an opening in oncoming traffic and almost never look right for pedestrians. It's worse when they're on the phone or looking at it. I've hand some real close calls but I'm watching even if they're not.

When that happens I slap the side of the car. Never fails to scare the crap out of them. Some get mad some get contrite. Not particularly smart on my part either but sometimes I just don't care.

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Everyone is out there to kill u and some of them are just going to kill anything. He is a lucky man to have not been killed. Even being vigilant can't protect us from everything... but keep vigilant!

Top Bottom