My ST1300 heat

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I guess I can consider myself fortunate, as the heat from my 03 ST isn't any more of an issue than any of the previous bikes I have owned, with the possible exception of the RD400. I think my GS 850 was probably the worst in terms of the heat. Any time you have 800-1000cc of engine making something north of 75HP, you can count on some heat being the result of the infernal internal combustion that results from the process. Just my opinion, I had to vent, sorry if it offends anyone.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I was that way on the '04, but my '05 is a different story. I need to get some of the mylar and seal. I doubt if having the seat raised up beyond the normal top is helping any too. But even before I got the extra height I felt the heat on this ST. Probably wai ttill next year to do anything, winter is coming. A little extra warmth never hurt during these months. ;)

Heat management and heat production are two different things. It's all about how lazy the manufacturer is, the Gen I FJR for example was very hot, the Gen II wasn't because Yamaha listened to their customers and fixed it.

Top Bottom