Honda top box key help

Bike
ST1300
I've been out of riding for over a year with medical issues, and we recently moved, during out move we lost a box with vital documents and keys.

Was going to go motor camping with my son this weekend, first ride in 13 months,buttt.

I can not find either of my two top box keys.

There's a number in the lock, looks like 078, if any one out there's has the same lock and can get a duplicate made and sent to me, I'd pay you for the key and time.

Any one know another easy way to get a key? We have three top boxes, all have different keys.

I'll see if lock smith can make one, just thought it would be easier and less costly to have some one send a copy.in

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I'll see if lock smith can make one, just thought it would be easier and less costly to have some one send a copy.
Less costly, for sure. I would think it would be a very interesting exercise to go to several rallies and compare Honda top box keys. These are not quite like a car or bike's ignition key - and I bet they used fewer key combinations. Years ago, when we owned a SAAB 99, I accidentally unlocked the wrong car and started it with my key before I wondered where my usual junk was (yes, the cars were the same color - that must have had something to do with it). I bet top boxes are the same.....

OP
OP
brianm767
Bike
ST1300
Found one!! I have a long cable lock ive used to lock up gear and helmets at times I had a my spare top box key on the ring with that lock key, found it with some riding gear, my stuffs been in storage for over a year since we sold our house, took a year to find a house to down size to, but one of the negatives is I have stuff in tubs and boxes every where.

Heading to hardware store in AM to get lots of extras made.

My son and I also decided to get extra sets to swap and carry on each others bike so if I ever lose one while we're riding hell have a set and access to it and vise versa, also need to stash a set on my bike.

Last edited:
Bike
07 ST1300
Pretty sure those are Givi keys. I have a spare taped on my starboard mirror. Under the plastic mind you. I have a need to fool proof my life. Can you guess whats under the port side mirror?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Heading to hardware store in AM to get lots of extras made.
The blank you want for that is a Kaba/Ilco X132, JMA BL-2 or Dominion BU8. It's a now-discontinued Volkswagen key.

The part from Givi is Z661G.

--Mark

Bike
ST1300
The blank you want for that is a Kaba/Ilco X132, JMA BL-2 or Dominion BU8. It's a now-discontinued Volkswagen key.

The part from Givi is Z661G.

--Mark
Thank you Mark, I went thru this a few years ago and remember getting some of those keys and also got a two pack of the Givi complete lock cylinders as well. But I could not remember those numbers. Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom