1994 Handlebar and Handlebar End Weights Question

Bike
1994 ST1100
STOC #
Hi, all.

I've finally gotten a hold of the '94 ST1100 I mentioned four years ago when I came here looking for info (Yay me!!), but I'm now finding myself with a question/concern that I cant find any clarification on.

The original owner of the bike (I'm now third) appeared to be trying to make a Harley out of a Honda, and as a part of that process, he left the stock handlebar in place but removed the stock end weights and grips, and replaced them with a set of grips that I have since removed. There were no weights on it at all. As I searched for OEM bar end weights, I bought a pair of decent looking ones on eBay. When I attempted to install them, I noticed that there are some crescent shaped tabs on them, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of matching female receptacle on the handlebar. And the bolts that came with the weights don't match as they are too thin.

Is the problem at the handlebar or at the weight/bolt? Can anyone provide a picture of their handlebar and weights for comparison, please?

Here are some picture of what I have.

Attachments

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
What you bought on eBay appears to be the bar weights for a post '94 model. Honda changed the bolt size on '95 and later models.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
What you bought on eBay appears to be the bar weights for a post '94 model. Honda changed the bolt size on '95 and later models.
+1

There is an excellent aftermarket option that I have and can recommend: http://www.hvmp.com

Edit: note that they have two versions for ST1100s, depending on year of manufacture.

John

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Have you checked your handle bars to verify there is a threaded insert in the handle bar? They can be removed (with difficulty).

Top Bottom