Stopping cats from using bike as a den

Jerseyst

Official Crown Royal TeSTer
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Re: Stopping cats fromusing bike as a den

I think a mouse trap could get stuck on a paw and even if it didn't cause permanent damage, it seems a little harsh.

Maybe just setting something heavy on the cover over the seat/tank would eliminate a resting spot.
Like a Doberman??

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
I actually have one of those for a Canada geese on the dock problem, at the cottage. Works like a charm, but don't forget to turn it off before walking out there. :D
Lol! Made you duck?!?! :eek::rolleyes:

It sure would surprise those cats!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I think a mouse trap could get stuck on a paw and even if it didn't cause permanent damage, it seems a little harsh.
I agree at least with the old style Victor-style traps. There are some all plastic traps that have far less trapping strength and would scare the cat as much if not more than hurt it.

Even the popsicle stick 'bombs' would probably train them to stay away.

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
I use mothballs underneath my trailer and never had a problem with shrews or mice. They work great. Critters won't come anywhere near that smell.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Cats do not like the smell of citrus, most humans don't mind it. Lemons or oranges work well.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
T_C said:
the smell of citrus, most humans don't mind it.
I love the smell of citrus in the morning. It smells like— breakfast

Along with bacon and eggs of course.

If that (citrus not bacon and eggs) doesn't work on the cats some small amounts of NH[SUB]3[/SUB] spread around the ground near the openings of the cover might do the trick.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #

Maybe just setting something heavy on the cover over the seat/tank would eliminate a resting spot.
I use a cover without my top case mounted(the side cases have more than enough storage for 95% of my riding) and there is still room for a cat. I found dirty paw marks on my seat one day after leaving my ST in my mom's carport for a couple of weeks. My solution was to cinch down the cover so the cat couldn't get back under the cover. I use a Dowco Guardian cover that uses a plastic snap with adjustable strap. I guess you could wrap a bungee or 2 around your cover to tighten it up if there is no attached way to tighten it. . And then your bike wouldn't retain the lovely smell of mothballs either:) A pump style bb/pelet gun should do the trick too, but if you have multiple offenders it could take a while until they each get their dose of deterrence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom