Tony Worrall and Morgan Carbtune

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Back in early Sept I ordered a parking brake form Tony Worrall and a Carbtune from Morgan Carbtune.
Both were extraordinarily prompt in sending my purchases however neither have arrived so far due to who knows what postal hiccup between the UK and Canada.

Both Tony and Sean Morgan from Morgan Carbtune have gone out of their way to sort out the problem.
Just want to let folks know that they are top-notch to deal with!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Sorry to hear about the hiccups. Tony got the parking brake to me surprisingly promptly. That is to say beyond sending it out right away it moved smoothly from the Royal Mail and the USPS.

I use the parking brake a lot more then I ever thought likely. A very handy farkle.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Back in early Sept I ordered a parking brake form Tony Worrall and a Carbtune from Morgan Carbtune.
Both were extraordinarily prompt in sending my purchases however neither have arrived so far due to who knows what postal hiccup between the UK and Canada.

Both Tony and Sean Morgan from Morgan Carbtune have gone out of their way to sort out the problem.
Just want to let folks know that they are top-notch to deal with!
From early September to now IS an unusually long wait for post from Britain, to the point of wondering if there was any error in addressing or even just the wrong postal code. Wrong code sends an item to the wrong address somewhere in Canada and then to a bin where it has to be handled by a human being to sort out the mix up - e.g.. looking up the right code, applying a new sticker on the package and putting it back into the mail stream. Customs processing can also delay a package, but this length of delay in that department would be unusual.

Was there a tracking number given to the packages by the sending post office? That's always the best way to find out where your goods are at any given moment.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
From early September to now IS an unusually long wait for post from Britain, to the point of wondering if there was any error in addressing or even just the wrong postal code. Wrong code sends an item to the wrong address somewhere in Canada and then to a bin where it has to be handled by a human being to sort out the mix up - e.g.. looking up the right code, applying a new sticker on the package and putting it back into the mail stream. Customs processing can also delay a package, but this length of delay in that department would be unusual.

Was there a tracking number given to the packages by the sending post office? That's always the best way to find out where your goods are at any given moment.
I verified my address was correct for both.
Carbtune said they had to ship three replacements this week to Canada due to non-arrival of the originals. That definitely cuts into their profit margin.
Neither Tony or Carbtune uses a tracking number due to the crazy cost increase; for Tony it almost tripled the mailing cost. Like wise for Carbtune.
That said, Carbtune said they were going to look at different options for delivery outside of the UK.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Neither Tony or Carbtune uses a tracking number due to the crazy cost increase; for Tony it almost tripled the mailing cost. Like wise for Carbtune.
That surprises me, since even the cheapest parcel delivery service from Canada Post includes a tracking number. Maybe Britain has not reached the same level of computerization of their postal service yet? Not only does it ensure that you know where your package is and also know the day you can expect delivery, it protects somewhat from mail theft, since items are scanned frequently throughout their travels in the system. Maybe these companies and customers have to bite the bullet and pay more to avoid these loss problems and the associated cost that involves.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Maybe these companies and customers have to bite the bullet and pay more to avoid these loss problems and the associated cost that involves.
Yup there's a cost to be borne.
I'm always weighing the cost of local vs. shipped and the decision almost always comes down to availability, and shipping costs. If it has to come from the US then exchange is a big factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Sorry to hear your Carbtune didn't show up. I ordered one in September and it arrived in about three weeks. It appears to be a quality piece of kit. What's taking a long time is putting it to use. :)

Bike
2010 ST1300
As much as we complain about services in the good ole USA, I have to say our Postal Service is not bad. Shipping within our borders is reasonably fast and cheap. Sure UPS and Fedex may be faster but in my experience they are also more expensive and simply an alternative - thus we have at least three ways of shipping packages. When I mailed something in Canada to a Canadian address, I thought the postage was very high and delivery seemed to take much longer than in the USA. I don't know the ins and outs of the Canadian Postal Service, these are just my observations - and not a statistically meaningful sample.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'd agree with you on the cost of Canadian postal services.

Delivery is hit and miss as far as I can tell. I can mail something to a nearby town and it will be there in a day or so. Two provinces over might take a week or more.
Totally unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom