Razor trailer

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Ok so a few months ago I thought I wanted a Kendon trailer and put out a thread about it. Someone in that thread suggested a rampless trailer from Indiana. I sent that company an email to see if they were still in business, but never got a response. Then on a ride to Colorado in July I passed a guy pulling an empty Razor trailer. I ended up in a rest area with him and checked it out. He had just picked it up to haul his Harley and was on his way home to Kansas with it. It looked really nice. The bed cranks down to the ground, you load at ground level, ride into a chock, get off, tie it down, then using a wench attached to the front you raise the bed up with bike on it and latch it. Made down south in Georgia I think. Looked simple and safe.

Anyone have any experience with one, or know somebody that owns one?

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
then using a wench attached to the front you raise the bed up with bike on it and latch it.
Once saw an ad for a jeep or pickup that came with a 2000 lb wench. Care and feeding of her must be tremendous. Laughed for days after I saw that, every time I thought of it. Hope yours is smaller.

OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Winch, winch you eagle eyed grammar freaks. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Here's some pics I took of it

BTW this guy had quite the rig... giant pickup pulling a giant 5th wheel, pulling a Razor trailer on which he was going to put his Harley... Living the good life!

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I was going to say...

If the wench looks like the one cranking on the winch in that photo I'll pass... on the wench, the trailer looks nice though. :D

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
The chock on the trailer is a Condor. Made in Syacamore Illinois. I have two. They are excellent. You drive into them and then put two straps on pulling forward like in the video. That's it. Your suspension isn't compressed. The bike is secure and I never worry about it. I used to winch them tight tight but then it would take two of us to yank a lot to get the bike out of the chock because the tire would wedge in so tight. Condor has a plate kit to attach their chock to any trailer. Remove chock and plate stays on and the trailer can be used. Want to haul the bike. Put chock on plate and secure with a thumb screw in conjunction with two bolts that go in keyed slots. I use my car trailer and haul up to 4 bikes with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I guess if you are going to tour the countryside, and only need a motorcycle trailer, one of these would be great. But my problem is that I need to have a trailer with sides (and preferably a tailgate - which I need to make for my new trailer) so I can haul other things too!

Bike
2010 ST1300
I guess if you are going to tour the countryside, and only need a motorcycle trailer, one of these would be great. But my problem is that I need to have a trailer with sides (and preferably a tailgate - which I need to make for my new trailer) so I can haul other things too!
+1. The utility of a trailer expands enormously with sides and/or a tailgate. Mine is a Tractor Supply utility trailer and I use it for hauling yard equipment, construction materials, etc. I did buy it so that I could haul my ST, but now it is indispensable for other tasks.

STOC #
I have something similar... but have no idea who made it. (Full details here).

5982.jpg

I have bought and sold many motorcycles, and am currently bike-less.
But one thing I do know... I will always have this trailer for whatever bikes I own down the road.
Ramp-less is the ONLY way to go.

Just my $.02.

Jim

OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Jmartin, interesting how the cable comes all the way across and lift the bed from 1 side.

Yea, I'm thinking rampless is the way to go for me. I think the Razor has to be disconnected to load/unload.

I'd like to find someone that actually uses one.

STOC #
Jmartin, interesting how the cable comes all the way across and lift the bed from 1 side.
Actually it goes down to a pulley and across to a different pulley then back to the upper frame so it splits the lift weight across two points... not one.
Easier on the cable, and the operator... like a snatch block to a winch.

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
the Ferret

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I looked at the Baxleys but man sticker shock. The razor is about 1/2 the price of the Baxley. If I were a rich man .........

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Here is the Rampfree that I bought back in February.

http://www.rampfree-indiana.com/home.html

They were in business back then. And a great well built trailer. The Condor wheel chock, and 15" radial tires. around $2500 new I think. I was lucky enough to find one on Craigslist. There is a Utube video on it as well.
for about $1500. I think it would be difficult to find a better built trailer.

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Ok so a few months ago I thought I wanted a Kendon trailer and put out a thread about it. Someone in that thread suggested a rampless trailer from Indiana. I sent that company an email to see if they were still in business, but never got a response. Then on a ride to Colorado in July I passed a guy pulling an empty Razor trailer. I ended up in a rest area with him and checked it out. He had just picked it up to haul his Harley and was on his way home to Kansas with it. It looked really nice. The bed cranks down to the ground, you load at ground level, ride into a chock, get off, tie it down, then using a wench attached to the front you raise the bed up with bike on it and latch it. Made down south in Georgia I think. Looked simple and safe.

Anyone have any experience with one, or know somebody that owns one?
They are still is business. I just got off he phone with Sonny, 812-929-1894

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I talked to him about a month ago. He advised they were coming out with a new model like the Baxley that doesn't have to be un hitched for loading. It hasn't hit the website yet.

Top Bottom